News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California has a new Shoot Boss...

Started by Camljr, March 30, 2011, 02:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

Congratulations to Mark (4Posterity) who received his Green Shoot Boss hat this weekend at Escondido, CA.

He is a natural with the history, is a great organizer, and has the heart!  :~

He will be a real asset to Appleseed... Congratulations are in order!!!   O0

Let's all welcome him into the Shoot Boss ranks!

Good Job, Mark!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LayloPro

Congrats, Mark!! O0 O0 O0

While I have yet to shake your hand, I have heard many good things about you from a -bunch- of the instructors here......You are in good company, Sir!! :D ;) @@)

Salute!! 8)  ..:..

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Francis Marion

Congratulations, Mark. 

Thank you for your decision to establish yourself to share our fine Heritage. 

Reddot

NewMOe

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

ChadC

Congrats adre definitely in order! Thanks for making our first Appleseed in Escondido an event to remember!
-Chad

passinthru

MARK,
     I shot next to you when you made Rifleman and knew you were destined for great things.  Congratulations..................steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

POP

A Texas size Welcome to you,
Mark!
[/size][/color][/b]

Sounds like you did a great job.
Thanks, to you as well Cam, for for your able guidance helping others to fill the ranks.

Ya'll are welcome in Texas anytime.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

4Posterity

Thanks to all for the comments.  At each step through the Appleseed program it seems that what I have really learned is how much more I have yet to learn. 

When I earned my pilot's license in the mid-80's the examiner said to me, "what you got there on that paper is really just a license to learn".  25+ years later I still seem to learn something new on each flight.  I see the Green Hat in the same light.  It is just a license to learn.  My plan is to spend at least as much Appleseed time working for other SBs as running my own events.  How else can I see if there isn't a better way to do things than what I know now?

At an event last year Johnny Appleseed told me about some of the traveling he has done to SB or Instruct at events in other states. I told him that I was up for road-trips and would make the time to go with him if more opportunities came up.  Pop, just where are you located in Texas?  Got any little airports nearby?

Mark

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

NorCal22Gal

WOOOHOOOO! 

You are welcome up here in NorCal too...and yeah...there are air ports up here too....  ;D

Congrats on the new hat....be ware...it's heavier than the others.....  :)

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations 4Posterity O0
I am looking forward to working with you asap

Good job my friend ^5
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Justin

Congratulations M!

I look forward to working with you!
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

V

Congratulations, welcome to the Hotel California  ;)

Xeyed

Mark,
Congrats on the green hat.
Represents alot of work and persistence.
Have not met you yet, but with the close relationship beween Cali and Nevada we will meet some where on the trail.
In the meanwhile if you are looking for a roadtrip, may I recomend Las Vegas/Boulder CIty?
We have hosted many Cali folks over the years and would be happy to have your help bailing.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Rough Rider

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

Cal 7.62

Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah  ^:)^
Congratulations are in order Sir, on a job well done!   O0
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

4Posterity

Quote from: Xeyed on March 30, 2011, 07:24:33 PM

In the meanwhile if you are looking for a roadtrip, may I recomend Las Vegas/Boulder CIty?
We have hosted many Cali folks over the years and would be happy to have your help bailing.

Xeyed-

I have good friends up in Pahrump and can always use a good excuse to go and visit them. Pahrump seems to be a strong Second Amendment kinda town.  Ever think of holding an event up that way?

Mark
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

4Posterity

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on March 30, 2011, 03:23:39 PM
You are welcome up here in NorCal too...and yeah...there are air ports up here too....  ;D

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

Laurie-

You took care of my son Michael and a couple of his Chico State friends at an Appleseed earlier this year up near Redding.  Camljr plunked an orange hat on Mike's head down at Rainbow in January.  I'd love to come up and work an event with you and your team.  I have friends up in Sutter Creek, which I believe is close to the Ione range, isn't it?   The Jackson airport is right nearby.

Gotta work this out.

Mark

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Calvin Coolidge

4Posterity

Quote from: V on March 30, 2011, 04:40:14 PM
Congratulations, welcome to the Hotel California  ;)

V-

When you have a moment go to the AAR for the Escondido Event of March 26/27 and look through the photos.  I blatantly stole your design for a Banner and Flag stand, and used your .eps files to have a banner made.  Real crowd pleaser, attracts a lot of attention at the range, and we used it as the backdrop for photos.  Consider yourself flattered.

Mark

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Calvin Coolidge