News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 2-3 MO Shoot numbers

Started by cmidkiff, April 01, 2011, 01:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

I just got the opportunity to take a look at this weekend's shoot signup sheets...

34 signed up for Bates City,  45 signed up for Bowling Green!

Looks like a heck of a season opener for Missouri!

^:)^

nemohunter

we had 59 shooters today in BG. that a new MO record. huzzah!!!!!!
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

ocharry

Hey,, just wanted to give a GREAT BIG THANK YOU  to all the people that put this shoot on

I had a great time,, met a lot of nice people,,heck some were even neighbors

Thanks again

ocharry

MOGromit

We had a total of 38 shooters on Saturday, and 3 new ones on Sunday for a total of 41 unique shooters.

MOGromit

Missouri Brigade

Besides the built-in draw of having Jungle George as an instructor, what were the keys that made the numbers at these shoots so good?  What all was done for promotions?  Great work.

Ridgeback Zero

Thanks to all the instructors up at Bowling Green this weekend, we learned a ton, and it was so much fun.  You guys are truly helping other people out, cant wait for my next Appleseed event!!!

Greg in MO

MB,

We asked at Bates City on Saturday morning where they had heard about us.  A couple said Shotgun News, but most were word of mouth.  Several were previous Appleseeders that brought people with them.  I would guess that the Bowling Green shoot was similar.  It was hosted by Appleseeders, and they promoted it within their community.

This was actually on the low end of turnout for Bates.  We have had over 60 at this location before. 

Greg

nemohunter

Promotions you ask? easy we promoted EVERY way we could. word of mouth. internet. tri-fold fliers. gun shows. local and not so local bulletin boards. every business that would let us post or place anything. we also had some GREAT help from local folks. one local shop was selling 10/22's at dealer cost IF your were using it for AS. anybody and everybody we could get on board we did. there is NO magic promotion tool. it is everything we can do and more. we never asked who heard about AS and from where. i dont care. we had the biggest in the nation and broke the state record. only one thing left to do now..... break it again.  O0
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Lexjitsu

I attended the Bates City event. I thought I would let you know that I heard about the event almost exclusively on the internet. The High Road consistently has appleseed threads, and rimfirecentral has an entire forum. I read a significant amount about the program before I ever decided to sign up. I also saw some appleseed literature at gun shows, but without all the information on the web, I never would have pulled the trigger. Then, I brought my wife, my uncle, and my brother-in-law. So basically 10% of the attendees directly or indirectly showed up because of web marketing and web word-of-mouth.

Son of Isaac

Thanks, Lexjitsu.  This is very useful information.  Sometimes it is difficult to determine how people came to Appleseed.

~TravelPatriot

Quote from: Lexjitsu on April 05, 2011, 04:14:25 PM
I attended the Bates City event. I thought I would let you know that I heard about the event almost exclusively on the internet. The High Road consistently has appleseed threads, and rimfirecentral has an entire forum. I read a significant amount about the program before I ever decided to sign up. I also saw some appleseed literature at gun shows, but without all the information on the web, I never would have pulled the trigger. Then, I brought my wife, my uncle, and my brother-in-law. So basically 10% of the attendees directly or indirectly showed up because of web marketing and web word-of-mouth.