News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Badlands AS April 30, 2011

Started by Scarecrow, April 01, 2011, 11:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

Greetings all.
Grandfield is sneakin' up on us.  Just 4 weeks out.
I have ordered one hundred (100), 18x24" coroplast boards printed with "Appleseed" and directional arrows to donate to the cause.
Most of these are intended for target backers but it was easier just to order them all printed
instead of some printed and most blank. We can divide these up amongst 2 or 3 instructors to make sure at least one set
of backers shows up at shoots that need them.
For my set I plan push pins only for target posting. Boards porcupine'd with staples,  too scary.
I can get more t-post also. Transporting t-post in your car could be problematical.(shrug)
No SB scheduled yet on Instructor Scheduling page.  2 RH and 1 OH signed up.
Henschman is otherwise committed that weekend.
If weather is conducive, I may camp at the range.
Bringing my faithful KD girl friends along as usual.  :o

Verdigris

Wish I could make it.  I'll be home with a newborn for this one.  Have fun out there!

K98Al

Weather will be fine - it always is at Grandfield!
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

Its the one event to get the finest appleseed weather of the year..hehehee ...I look forward to what ever weather it will hit us with..just bring center fire ammo for sundays walk to the 500 yardline....hmm seeya soon....I'll be there with bells on..
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

GlockCop

All ready and planning on being there. Rifle is ready and sighted in. May bring the SOCOM for the long range stuff.

GlockCop

One week away. And only seven people have registered?

dalesp

As of Monday there are 15 shooters registered.  I know there will be a few more.

Forecast for this weekend . .

Saturday: Partly sunny winds SSE @ 17 with gusts to 30. 

Sunday: Mostly cloudy Winds SSE @ 25 with gusts to 37.  So that will probably be a 0 value wind for Sunday . .
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

Scarecrow

Sunday: Mostly cloudy Winds SSE @ 25 with gusts to 37.  So that will probably be a 0 value wind for Sunday . .

Always wind at this range. Always.
Always more on Sunday than Saturday,too.
Maybe I should bring stakes and rope to anchor the shooters on the line.

If I don't need the snorkle this year that will be good.
If I don't have to spend a week hosing mud off the truck, even better.

dalesp

I just bought a 4x4 just for Appleseeding (mostly) - and spent another grand on Mud tires. 

I think I have guaranteed dry weekends for any shoot I attend from now on.   8) 

I'll probably never get to use that 4wd!
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

oldgrunt

Well by Sunday morning the Aqt grind will begin....I look forward to the rimfire kd and the other Parts of the distance shoot .....So with that said mark your gear and make sure to police the area....We always end up with something left behind ..lol but they always get it back ...
We have been at a round count for the kd and steel shoot to over 300 to 500 rounds.. Which means once we finish or Full distance KD the instructors and others shoot till the ammo's gone....Thanks to all that have worked so hard on keepin this location...And SHOOTERS well sunblock it a must this week end HOPE Ya Like Orange Gatorade We'll have gallons of it for sure...Bring Ice...heheee

Seeya on the range drive safely..And if your near the black mountain's  stop and see the Bufflao and huge elk carside......There's signs and easy to find ....
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

hamp sandwich

Hello guys! Had a great time at the Badlands AS. I will be going to another soon, and will be taking some classes at Badlands in the fall. I appreciate what you guys do, and I have a lot of practice to do!
Thanks again,
Hampton

Oh, Al, thanks again for loaning me the rifle!  O0

K98Al

Not a problem on the loaner - glad you had a good time. Keep up that practice - shoot by the numbers, and tell your friends/neighbors/co-workers about RWVA!
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Georgia

I wanted to say thank you to Al, Will, Chris, and Dale for devoting their time, skills, knowledge, and passion at the Grandfield Appleseed shoot this past weekend.  I had an excellent time and learned a little more of the rifleman's skill, although I still have a ways to go.  Another thing I learned is when the instructors are chuckling evilly about the weather conditions at the range during past shoots, take note and be prepared ... at least we were not swimming!
Al, thank you for the loaning me your 10/22 and I will look into the trigger kit we talked about.
Dale, thank you for the opportunity; I will pass it forward.
OG, thank you for going over KD; I'm still sketchy on the finer aspects, but will get that scope adjusted yet! :wb:
Scarecrow, thank you for the good advice and encouragement.

hamp sandwich

Next one I go to, I'm bringing my 10/22... It will feel like cheating, so I'll have to bring a more challenging rifle as well. Hey, where's the pics at? :)

dalesp

Quote from: hamp sandwich on May 04, 2011, 11:06:16 AM
Next one I go to, I'm bringing my 10/22... It will feel like cheating, so I'll have to bring a more challenging rifle as well. Hey, where's the pics at? :)

The pics are in the After Action Reports . . . http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22524.0

davecampperry

I need help, I cannot notify anyone, screen says, "An error has occured. You are not authorized access to this page." Maybe I just slipped through the cracks, but am getting annoyed. I am ready to get back into A/S with both feet.  dave 405-224-5430 and thanks
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

Scarecrow

Hang in there Dave. It will get sorted out.
Was it a specific area you cannot get into?