News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Carlsbad, New Mexico February12-13, 2011

Started by Jerry Hall, February 14, 2011, 06:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Winter is the time of year for Appleseeding in South Eastern New Mexico.
Temperatures in the high 60's on Saturday and mid 70's on Sunday.
Winds moderate and variable...This is "Winterseed"ing to a Rifleman's Standard!!!

Five fine awakened Americans came out to brave the elements and have their hearts and mind's
filled with American Heritage and Rifle Marksmanship. With the support of family members
and the gentle nudging of 1.7:1 Instructors, several of these shooters were knocking on the door of
the coveted "Rifleman"s patch.
Terry N. stepped up on the second AQT of Saturday scoring a 224!
By the final AQT of Sunday two others were trudging the Trail to the elusive 210
and ended up tied at 201!

All of these students announced repeatedly that they would be back. Several with a commitment
in their hearts to become IIT's. We welcome them all!!

A Special thanks from the Instructors and Shooters goes out to the City Council Of Carlsbad, New Mexico
for allowing us the use of this fine facility!

Working with an excellent cadre of New Mexico Instructors and a bunch of fine Americans is
the highlight of a safe, smooth and enjoyable event!

..."till we meet again"...Happy Appleseed Trails...Jerry

PS: Thanks to DieslPwrd for the pic's
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

oladcock

Great shoot with some fine Americans! It was a treat to spend a fine weekend with everyone! Congrats to Terry, fine shooting! Now get the rest of the agency off their tails to an Appleseed! :) John and Jacob, it was great to meet you guys and hope to see you again. Jacob, good job young man shooting that M1!  O0  Eve, always a pleasure, and Jasen, good luck in Fl and thanks for wiping the drool off my AR! :) Here are are a couple photos with hopfully more to come....O.L.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

DieslPwrd

Jerry, O.L., Juli, Margie, Milt, Sam and Jimi (not necessarily in that order, because I love all of you),

Thanks for a fantastic shoot and great educational lunch that stirred good American pride.  Wish I could have joined you both days.  All of you have such devotion to Appleseed, shooting and sharing our country's heritage, it's an inspiration.  I'm going to do my darnedest to get more locals on the line.
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

Strawberry Roan

It was a great shoot.  It was wonderful when it warmed up enough to remove a few layers so I didn't look like the Goodyear blimp for a change, lol.  There's nothing better to see than students improving and getting bitten by the "bug" for Appleseeding.  Eve, it was sure good to see you again and getting closer to that patch!   I have no doubt that Jason will achieve his patch when he gets back to Fl.  John and Jacob, I was so tickled to see so much improvement and persistence.  You both will do very well on your next shoot!  My hat's off to Terry for achieving his patch on the 2nd AQT, sure hope you'll send your brethren in our direction. :)

DieslPwrd

Quote from: DieslPwrd on February 15, 2011, 01:24:39 AM
JEFF, Jerry, O.L., Juli, Margie, Milt, Sam and Jimi (not necessarily in that order, because I love all of you),

I certainly did not intentionally leave Jeff out of my post! What a gift to have so many knowledgeable and dedicated instructors that I lost count.
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

TaosGlock

Congrast to all of you on another successful New Mexico shoot! :~ ..:..
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

JustJeff

This has been ONE HECTIC weekend!!
Friday I picked up our oldest, Jasen, from the airport in El Paso (took him back this morning).  Jasen had decided that he needed some quality time with his mom and I, and figured that a weekend of shooting would be great.  Upon return to Alamo from the airport we fueled up, loaded the truck with enough supplies to last two weeks (hey, Jasen @ 36, is still a growing boy) and proceeded to Lakewood to find our accomodations (as well as Jerry) for the next three days waiting for us (Thanks for the use of the trailer Jimi).

We had a great weekend!  Jasen is knocking on the door to Rifleman, having shot a 203 (with a .22) and then a 201 (with a .223), and will definitely be looking up the Florida folks (he may also return for our April Alamo shoot).  JustNancy has decided to give the Adaptive program a shot come April, as well, so it's a two-fer weekend for me.

We saw a lot of improvement on the line from 1st Redcoats Saturday to the last one on Sunday, including one Rifleman on Saturday (who couldn't come back on Sunday), and we have a few folks who will be joining us on the Appleseed trail!

Jasen should be checking in, and posting pics, once he's back home and settled in...
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

Quote from: DieslPwrd on February 15, 2011, 04:51:47 AM
Quote from: DieslPwrd on February 15, 2011, 01:24:39 AM
JEFF, Jerry, O.L., Juli, Margie, Milt, Sam and Jimi (not necessarily in that order, because I love all of you),

I certainly did not intentionally leave Jeff out of my post! What a gift to have so many knowledgeable and dedicated instructors that I lost count.

That's ok.... My mom forgets about me sometimes too  ^-^
It was good to see you again, and I look forward to working with you again at the next one.  Get your 'followthrough practice device' (aka 'clicky pen') out and practice when you're at work.  Don't forget to do your dry-firing when you're at home.   
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

duc-dog

Another great New Mexico shoot in the history books.  It's always a pleasure to see old friends and make new ones.  Congratulations, Terry on making that "Rifleman" score.  Thanks for the accouterments for future shoots they are much appreciated.  To the rest of the shooters; you are all so close. Practice and dryfire will get you over the hump. Congrats to the promotions within the instructor corps.  It's great to work with such a dedicated group of individuals. Hope to see some new orange hats out of this group of students.
        "Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect"
             See you all on the trail,
                 Milt     
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

FloppyCap

Thanks to everyone for making my 1st Appleseed shoot a great one.  I enjoyed the environment that you all set up for us and I learned a great deal.  Thank you JustJeff for the transpo, gun, ammo and thank you Mom for putting up with us crazy boys for the weekend.  Thank you Jimi for being such a gracious host and putting us up for the weekend.  Thank you to all the instructors for all your patience and guidance.  Your help is appreciated.  I will continue to work on my techniques and hopefully get my rifleman soon. Every American should be involved in this great program.  I will post pics from the shoot as soon as I get them uploaded.

Floppycap-Orlando, Fl

duc-dog

FC; Pleasure to meet you and work with you on improving your skills. Glad to see that you made the trip home safely.  Kind of interested on how you all made out on your hog hunt.  It's hard _not_ to get hooked on this program. 
      Take care and see you on the trail
           Milt

DieslPwrd

Jeff, thanks for having a sense of humor. I'm thinking the Chihuahua needs a tiny orange or red cap so you can call her the southeast NM Appleseed mascot.  And yes I will practice with the Bic M1-A!

duc-dog

Quote from: DieslPwrd on February 15, 2011, 11:17:11 PM
I'm thinking the Chihuahua needs a tiny orange or red cap so you can call her the southeast NM Appleseed mascot.  And yes I will practice with the Bic M1-A!

**) **) **) I don't care what anyone else thinks, That is hilarious.  **) **) **)

I will shamelessly steal that Bic M1-A, line !!!!

Milt

Jerry Hall

More Pic's courtsey of DieslPwrd: O0 :--- O0
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

JustJeff

Quote from: duc-dog on February 15, 2011, 11:10:24 PM
Kind of interested on how you all made out on your hog hunt.            Milt

Saw a lot of sign, but no pigs.   By the time we got out, they should have been bedded down.... we couldn't figure out where they bedded down.  Hogs 1,Hog hunters 0.  :'(

duc-dog

Saw a lot of sign, but no pigs.   
   Hogs 1,Hog hunters 0. 
[/quote]

That's why they call it hunting and not shopping.  At least with hogs there is always another day.

Milt

JustJeff

Quote from: duc-dog on February 16, 2011, 12:21:54 AM

Saw a lot of sign, but no pigs.   
   Hogs 1,Hog hunters 0. 

That's why they call it hunting and not shopping.  At least with hogs there is always another day.

Milt
[/quote]

Yeah, and the hiking was good for both Jasen and myself....  **) Jasen's decided he doesn't like mesquite though.... can't figure out why **)

Strawberry Roan

Quote from: duc-dog on February 15, 2011, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: DieslPwrd on February 15, 2011, 11:17:11 PM
I'm thinking the Chihuahua needs a tiny orange or red cap so you can call her the southeast NM Appleseed mascot.  And yes I will practice with the Bic M1-A!

**) **) **) I don't care what anyone else thinks, That is hilarious.  **) **) **)

I will shamelessly steal that Bic M1-A, line !!!!

Milt

I will shamelessly steal that one too, Eve!  I think your words will be at every Appleseed from here on out!  **)

duc-dog

Quote from: JustJeff on February 16, 2011, 12:36:37 AM

Jasen's decided he doesn't like mesquite though.... can't figure out why **)
[/quote]

Just gotta learn, it ain't made to be rolled in

Jimi

What can I say, another fine Appleseed weekend in SE NM. I thouroughly enjoyed watching the improvement and advancement in skills of our shooters. Terry, well deserved and always coffee on when you pass by. Eve, way to go girl, just keep it up, and I love the M1-A line.

Sorry I have not posted sooner but been chasing leak's and working on plumbing after the big freeze... :wb:

Look forward to seeing everyone in ROW next month.

Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

DieslPwrd

Hey ya'll, I haven't looked at this in a long time and didn't know the Bic M1-A thing had grown legs of its own.  That is NOT my original thought; it's from my first AS in Carlsbad last year.  Wish I could remember who said that.   :bow:

Next issue of Focus on Carlsbad should have pics and an article from the Feb shoot.   ^:)^ We gotta get more locals there next time.  Glad to help promote in any way I can, just say the word.

Jimi

Quote from: DieslPwrd on April 04, 2011, 01:21:09 AM
Hey ya'll, I haven't looked at this in a long time and didn't know the Bic M1-A thing had grown legs of its own.  That is NOT my original thought; it's from my first AS in Carlsbad last year.  Wish I could remember who said that.   :bow:

Next issue of Focus on Carlsbad should have pics and an article from the Feb shoot.   ^:)^ We gotta get more locals there next time.  Glad to help promote in any way I can, just say the word.

I have a request in for May 14/15 I would really love to compleatly fill the 50 spot line this time.
Jimi
I have a request in for May
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT