News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Amarillo, TX (Indoor) March 26-27, 2011

Started by ashrn03, March 28, 2011, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashrn03

Four determined individuals showed up Saturday morning at the Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club indoor range: two to begin their Rifleman journey, and two 'experienced' Appleseeders determined to succeed in their quest for the Rifleman patch.  They were not disappointed.   ^:)^

Congratulations to Greg who shot a 226 on Saturday's first AQT.  I suspect he'd been practicing since his last Appleseed in March 2010.   :cool2:

And long-overdue congratulations to Tiffany who, in her fourth Appleseed, got everything right (well, OK, almost everything right) on all stages in Saturday's second AQT for a 218.  Once we scrapped her off the ceiling she decided she liked the purple patch best. 

New shooter Barbara made good progress and said she'd like to participate in the open smallbore practice I run at the Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club on Tuesday evenings - open to the public.  (I shoot squares and AQT's - just ask me about them and this really good program for learning rifle marksmanship  ::) .)

And special mention to Samantha, who showed up at the range for another junior program (canceled for the weekend so we could hold the Appleseed) but decided to stay for the Appleseed.  Her concentration and persistence earned her the junior patch and she said she'd return for the April 30-May 1 Appleseed.

Greg and his hard-won patch - a real Rifleman:

And Tiffany - at last!!  Persistence pays off!

Samantha applied herself well.  I should have taken pictures of her on the line - her experience shooting smallbore shows.

edited to add pictures.
The way to herd cats is to offer treats

POP

Way to go Greg and Tiffany.   O0
Looks like ya'll have a nice place to shoot there in AMA.
Barbara and Samantha will get that patch. 
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)