News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lapeer, MI March 26-27

Started by ITB, March 27, 2011, 10:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Another great event at Lapeer!

But man, was it cold.  6° at 8 AM.

Instructors on the ball, new IIT's, Orange Hats coming along, 5 new Riflemen!

Thanks to the State Senator who came out on Saturday and heard our prelim/First Strike, and spent some time on the mat shooting a few COF's.

If we ever find ourselves in need of more IIT's, we'll head back to Lapeer to harvest some more.   ~~:)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

I really enjoyed all the students.  What a great weekend. 

mac66

My first Appleseed and I want to thank all the instructors who took time out of their schedules to lead us ballistically blind to sight,  the front sight that is.

It was thrilling or should I say chilling weekend. The thermometer in my car read 6 degrees on Saturday morning when I arrived and a balmy 8 degrees on Sunday.  I think that is what they mean by "Winterseed."

My daughter and I had a great time and appreciate all the attention and help given. It is a great program taught by a great crew of instructors.

Gary, AKA mac66, AKA garymac.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Grindstone

As always, Lapeer is great. It was a pleasure to work with all of you.

trackman

Springtime in Michigan.
We had Colder Temperatures Both Saturday and Sunday than we had in February.
Great Appleseed, I mean Springseed, I Mean Winterseed!.
Thank all you Instructors who Traveled to our Range to Support and Work the Event.
Y'all (Southern Dictionary) are a Valuable Asset to this Country.
Intheburbs, Miki/Mouse08, BeeFree, Superheat, Grindstone, Tossedcookies, Tim, Jaws, Tenthumbs, and anyone else I missed.
Missed having Sprocket there.
Our Club is indeed Blessed to have you and your Event Grace our Facility.
Keep up the Great work.

Those who do not learn from History are Doomed to Repeat it.
Learn from others Mistakes, you do not Live Long Enough to make them all Yourself.

BeeFree

I think I have thawed out.  A little!!

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Miki

Wow what a weekend! Talk about 'teachable attitudes'. What a great group to work with. Thank you all for braving the cold to spend the weekend learning our unique heritage and how to effectively shoot a rifle. The 'junior' shooters were amazing. Every one of them stuck with it all weekend. You are certainly young men who know very well what you are about! Jacob who is (I think) our youngest rifleman in Michigan, Vance who is knocking on the door and will soon knock it down, Wes, who never broke safety rule one when hot brass landed on him and Gulliver's grandson (my bad don't remember your name) persisted all weekend. That's what a rifleman does!

To the ladies of the line: Erin and Pam, nice going. You'll be riflewomen soon. Both of you were showing some serious skill.

Tenthumbs and Jaws, welcome aboard, now get to work! Seriously, glad to have you as part of the Appleseed team.

John, you stuck with it and got the job done. Congrats!

Trackman, yes it sure was cold. I recall February when you wore a short-sleeved shirt.

The rest of you...it's getting difficult to move around Lapeer without bumping into a rifleman. NOT like that's a bad thing. If you made rifleman, way to go. If you haven't YET, keep at it, a rifleman persists!

trackman

Yeah, No Short sleeves on this weekend.  I couldn't feel my Fingers half the Time.  We had a hard time getting our Gun Oil out of the Bottles.  I am Still Blaming the cold for my Rifle Problems.   I will be Testing this out as it warms up.  Winterseed, bring it on, Whining about it Yes,  Do it again, Absolutely!.

I am Assuming that Giving perfect Conditions People tend to shoot Better.  You Instructors are the Better judges of that.   These Winterseeds find out how you do when things are not Perfect.   While April 19th, 1775 was a Single Day, the Revolutionary War was Years long.  Think Winter at Valley Forge.  Think Crossing the Delaware River in December.  Think more Modern with the Frozen Chosen and Polar Bear Guys.  That's Patriotism.

BeeFree, I didn't know you wee a Shoot Boss.

Those who do not learn from History are Doomed to Repeat it.
Learn from others Mistakes, you do not Live Long Enough to make them all Yourself.

Superheat

Quote from: trackman on March 31, 2011, 01:46:58 PM

BeeFree, I didn't know you wee a Shoot Boss.

Yes, she is and a darn good one.  She awarded me my rifleman patch and I'll never forget it.  We need more like her.  Those little "crocks" can be hard to fill.   ;D
But I just keep on trying... :wb: