News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rhode Island's 1st Ever Appleseed! 5/21/11 Massasoit Gun Club E.Providence

Started by vernic82, March 23, 2011, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernic82

Breaking News!
E.Providence

Rhode Island's 1st Ever Appleseed will be held at Massosoit Gun Club in E. Providence on Saturday May, 21, 2011

Thanks to the efforts of noelephant who approached the Club's Board and to vernic82 who presented to them on Monday March, 21 with noelephant & davidgw1 assisting, this joint effort has resulted in Rhode Island's 1st Ever Appleseed.

Thanks also goes out the Massasoit's Board who received us very well and looks to be a very good partner of Project Appleseed as it grows in Rhode Island.

While the final details will be submitted by weeks end, this will be a 1-Day indoor shoot with 9 shooters.

Small yes, but a start for the Nations Smallest State which is no longer devoid of Project Appleseed's presence.

Yours in Liberty,

vernic82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CortJestir

Good going, vernic and RI crew! This was a long time coming and took much persistence. Well done.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

crak

Check your drama at the door.

Josey Wales

..Thats great news! An Appletree grows in Rhode Island!!  Glad to see some of them there seeds took!!

..Strength & Honor...........Josey Wales.......

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Fred

O0

Looks like, in the competition to be the LAST state to hold an AS, RI loses out... ;D O0 O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Nickle

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

CortJestir

Quote from: Nickle on March 23, 2011, 01:41:55 PM
OK, which states are still in the running?

As far as I know: HI, AK and DE

Quote from: vernic82While the final details will be submitted by weeks end, this will be a 1-Day indoor shoot with 9 shooters.

Small yes, but a start for the Nations Smallest State which is no longer devoid of Project Appleseed's presence.

Ah, but all it takes is one seed to be planted into a nice fruitful tree, yes? I have a good feeling this will be the start of something grand in RI.  :)
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

TOMINCT

Kudos to noelephant, davidgw1 and vernic82!! Great job gentlemen!!
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

The Old Guide

I competed there in 1967. Congrats Vernic82 and say Hi from an old pilot from the Quonset Point pistol team.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

R1SGx2

NICE,Thank you all for your service and staying with it to make it happen.
The door is open and the Appleseed Friendship has begone. O0 :bow: O0 :bow:
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

MattNES

Looks like I will be able to make this one unless something blows up at work. Hope to see everyone on Saturday!
A right that goes unexercised soon devolves into a privilege, and finally a crime.