News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Look here and provide feedbeck - April 19th Calguns Flyer

Started by pennys dad, March 19, 2011, 02:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Hi Everyone - I hope you have had a great week

I have been working on these flyers to promote the April 19th shoot on the the Calguns site.
I would appreciate feedback of any type, Picture suggestions and other such critiques
Thank You in advanced.

Jacob

Justin

I sent a PM with the same things. I just didn't want multiple people to unnecessarily double tap items. Or maybe I'm the only one who is OCD. Either way....

Jacob, GrtflDg, it looks really great. A fine product. Now, I'm really nitpicking here but here goes.

Page 2 "come, but still, you're ready."
I think that would look better centered instead of left justified.

Page 1 top paragraph. I'd keep it centerd like it is but make the following changes:
On April 16th and 17th
Project Appleseed
will be hosting a
Celebration of Liberty at
an outdoor shooting range near you. This
event will be held across
all of California and the Country. Come join
Americans across the
country in commemoration of:
April 19th, 1775(for some reason I like this important date on 1 line)

Bottom Page left side:
Since you've used the "th" in April 19th 1775 everywhere else, perhaps add it to that date as well?

Bottom Page left side:
The vertical spacing looks a little off on 2 of the lines. (or it could just be me getting tired)
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

pennys dad

gratefuldog

37+ views and 1 response??? C'mon, people: help a brother out! Calgunners know Jacob is bailing like a madman!

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

SavageShootr

Great Job Jacob!!

I have a comment regarding the verbage on the left side of the bottom page.

"You've been asleep for hours when you get the news; there are many hours 'till dawn. You hoped this day would never come, but still, you're ready.

I am not certain one can be asleep for hours and still have hours until dawn. What about something like,

You have been asleep a short time when news arrives; many hours before dawn. You had hoped this day would never come, but still, you are ready.

Then this is a very busy sentence.
"You have trained with your neighbors, you have prepared your family, and your rifle and gear stand ready by the door."

You have trained with your neighbors.
You have prepared your family.
Your rifle and gear stand by the door, ready.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Mr Pete

Comments:
1)  Pics
If it is a celebration it doesn't look very fun.
I would like to see more kids and women in the pics.  I want to see the faces of happy people.  The line looks great, but it looks very "military".  Also is it just me or does the "standing line" look really dark?
I had an idea for a banner that I'll share.  A large picture of kids or families labeled with "Posterity!"...then somewhere the Adams quote.

2)  Audience
I might also include some "hooks".  We all know, but are the people in the ad supposed to know what April 19th signifies?
Something to the effect of: 
"April 19th...the day you were freed". 
"April 19th, the birthday of American Liberty".

3)  Message
From just reading it I would guess it is a free event.

4)  Suggestions
"A glorious day for America"
     - Sam Adams (April 19th, 1775)

April 19th is the birthday of your liberty.  Come hear the story of bravery and sacrifice that gave birth to our nation!

Learn the great american tradition of marksmanship...it is your heritage!

How will you honor the freedom you've been given?  Will you sit on the couch and watch the game?  Or will you use your uniquely American, "Can Do!" attitude and learn something not 1 in 100 knows how to do?

Join hundreds of other Americans across the country and celebrate April 19th by learning the skills of those brave souls who secured your liberty!

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies