News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

All Arizona Appleseeders - please read! Arizona "Persist" list.

Started by azmule, March 21, 2011, 05:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Oct 2017 update - Although this list saw some use initially, it never really caught on and has not been used for several years.  Because of this inactivity, the Persist list is being officially discontinued.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regular practice, especially with fellow Appleseeders, is the best way to retain and refine your skill at arms!  Many of us practice on our own at our favorite local range, but don't have a good way to invite fellow Appleseeders - especially on short notice - to help spot each other on position, 6-steps, sight carding, ball-n-dummy, etc.

The new Arizona Appleseed "Persist" list is a statewide email listserve created as a way to make it easy for Arizona 'seeders to get together at their favorite local range and help each other improve.  First step is to go to

http://lists.azappleseed.org/listinfo.cgi/persist-azappleseed.org

and sign up - you will then receive a verification email, reply as directed in that email and you'll receive a "welcome" email letting you know that you're all set!  Then, whenever you're planning a trip to your favorite range, and would like to invite fellow 'seeders to join you, just send an email to:

persist@lists.azappleseed.org

with the name of the range and the date/time you will be there in the "Subject" line (i.e. "Tucson Mountain Park, June 4, 8am"), with any other details in the body of the message.  Your invitation will be forwarded to every subscribed Appleseeder.  If you receive a message from the list that somebody will be shooting at a range near you and you'd like to join in, just reply to the message, and your reply will go to just the original sender, reply-all will send it to the full list.  Of course, the more notice you give the more likely someone will be able to join you, but even if it's a last minute decision, it's still worth a try.

Please help minimize inbox clutter by using the list *only* for the purpose of inviting Appleseeders to meet at the range - any other announcements or discussion pertaining to Appleseed should be kept to this forum.  Also, while non-Arizona Appleseeders are welcome to join this list, please keep the range invitations limited to within Arizona or at least within a reasonable drive over the state line.

Thank you!

azmule

Addendum:  I think there are at least a couple of people who think they are signed up but aren't.  If you have gone to the Persist list info page and signed up, but did not receive the confirmation email that asks you to reply to that email to finish the signup procedure, please check your spam filter!  If you see it in there (even if you don't it's still a good idea to) please add azappleseed.org to your spam filter's "white list."  You are not signed up if you have not replied to that confimation email!  Likewise, even if you replied to the confimation email, you should then have received a second "Welcome to the list" email!

If you signed up, didn't receive the conformation email, and it's *not* in your spam filter, or if you replied to the confimation email but never got the Welcome email, please let me know!
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

azmule

BTT for the new Riflemen and new almost-riflemen in Arizona.   O0

PaxxAZ

Bumping  :pop:

Just because.

Well not, but do you really want to read the explanation?
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

AWDboostADDICT

I believe I am signed up, I did the reply to the first email and recieved a confirmation email after that.
Can I send out an invite for the tactical .22 match using this?

azmule

AWDboostADDICT

I believe there may be an issue with the system / a bunch of bad adresses.
Since yesterday I have had 9 emails from mail delivery system saying it failed to send the email

azmule

That's odd - I'm supposed to get copied on all bounce messages - I have in the past, but received nothing over this one.  Can you PM me the email addresses that wouldn't go through?

AWDboostADDICT

Sorry Scott, I did not save them.
If it happens again Ill forward everything to you.

azmule

Bumping back up so the new folks can find it.

Maybe a mod could sticky this?   :cool2:

Old_Lightfighter

Anybody in the state can come shoot with me in Sierra Vista anytime you want.  If I know about it ahead of time, during the week for a shoot, I'll get the time off work.  If it's a planned Sunday for you all, then just give me a Saturday-heads-up that you'll be at the range. I'll be there that Sunday, barring very few difficulties.  I'm at that range almost every Sunday, anyway. 

Despite what they say the max ranges are, the farthest targets were recently lasered at 575 and 525 yards.  The targets out to 400 tards are dead-on.

I check this board every Saturday night, just in case - if you want to shoot there on a Sunday, then just post about it on the Saturday night, and I can almost always be there.  There are few exceptions.   O0