News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new Red Hat!!

Started by starfox, March 21, 2011, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

Congratulations are in order to Kirk (spitstickler) on passing his Red Hat test this weekend in Leonard, TX!!   And to top it off, he re-qualified on the AQT with his AR on Sunday as well!!

HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!!   ^:)^

Congratulations Kirk!!! Very WELL DESERVED!!!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Congrats Kirk!

Pics! We need Pics!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Scarecrow

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Aromatic

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reddot

You look mighty good in that Red Hat, Kirk.  Now we need to start working on getting you a green one  >:D

GoldFish

Congrats on a big accomplishment Kirk!!! :bow: O0
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

spitstickler

Thank you everyone. Along with the journey to get here, this will be something I'll never forget.

Many thanks to all of the instructors from Texas, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and the rest of the country for all the help and leadership along the way. And, thank you Fred, for starting and continually driving the mission we are all striving to achieve.

We owe it to the Founders. We owe it to our forefathers. And, we owe it to our posterity.

Let's make it happen!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Cool! I didn't know the Shoot Boxes started coming with Prudence Wright's Red Hat Cake Mix!   **)

(runs to check latest Shoot Box...)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Castle Mountain

Congratulations Captain Kirk ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. real happy for youp
You are on a roll now if you eat all that cake ;D ^:)^j

Thanks again brother for all your help while in the middle of your shoot.
And thankyou again for your good deeds for todays home run effort.
Steak dinner is on us when we come down your way. O0
Can your wife take a picture of you asleep last night wearing your red hat to bed? ^:)^

Way to brother  O0

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

voortrekker

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Baminal

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

scuzzy

Congrats Kirk. I'm glad I was able to be there when you got your hat. You sure deserve it.

I'm glad Texas is the place you live. We're all better off for it.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

POP

Way to go, KIRK.
I saw that RH Cake Pic today on your Facebook page and thought "Wow, you sure have some great kids who love their Dad but, I already knew that.  I wonder if Mrs Spit helped ... well, maybe a little.  ;D

Congrats Brother, you've worked hard for that Cake ... er Red Hat.   **)
See you in Atlanta.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

oladcock

Way to go Kirt! A cake? I didn't get a cake! I was told to get to work! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

AZOpie

charles_w

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Jerry Hall

Howdy Kirk,

Congratulations with frosting on top! I'm just glad I didn't get another bucket of North Bridge Water!!!
:--- ..:.. :~ ..:.. :--- ..:.. :~ ..:.. :--- ..:.. :~ ..:.. :)
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Texas Rifleman

Most excellent job Kirk !!
I love the cake  :)
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09