News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: La Crosse, WI 5-6March2011

Started by Cooper, March 05, 2011, 11:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnett

Hey Pete!
Enjoyed meeting you and the others and shooting with y'all.
Giving some thought to driving up on Suday of the Arpil shoot to see about doing the Full Distance, if they end up doing it.
I don't know how small your wife might be, but have you considered one of the youth model 10/22s?
Yes, they actually make a stock shorter than the carbine.  :P

Greg

Zak

Hi Greg,
Yes, a real good time.  Congratulations on your Rifleman.  I regret not scoring my AQT's on Day 2 at the range.  Had I known I was only 1 or 2 shots away I might have done things differently (203). 

I would also consider Youth model but unable to find any.  Made some calls local and near Fon Du Lac WI - but nothing.  Did not get to call Wiekbe yet as Prof suggested. 
Pete 

Burnett

Pete-
I saw this stock on rimfirecentral.com that started out as a standard carbine stock and was shortened.
Price is not bad at all; if you could find a good shaped used 10/22 reasonably inexpensively it might be an option.
It is walnut.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=34143

sparks1

Quote from: Burnett on March 13, 2011, 07:01:30 PM
Pete-
I saw this stock on rimfirecentral.com that started out as a standard carbine stock and was shortened.
Price is not bad at all; if you could find a good shaped used 10/22 reasonably inexpensively it might be an option.
It is walnut.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=34143

Wow...and it's an Overton too! 
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Zak

Thanks for the info.  I will check it out.