News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station, TX Mar 12 - 13, 2011

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, March 14, 2011, 09:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We had a fun, safe shoot!

Weather Saturday was very nice, except for some very persistant 20 mph crosswind gusts from the East.

Instructors alonso1, myself and wolf started out with only 2 shooters - both named Jim - henceforth known in order of appearance as Jim #1 and Jim #2. I must admit I was initially disappointed with the low turnout on such a beautiful weekend, but perhaps Spring Break and the economy factored in. The low turnout did work in our favor. We had 5 shooters total, each of those shot both days. olarmy58 stopped by for a while to see what he would experience at a future Appleseed.

Barbara and her children Jake and Mara had an emergency that hindered their arrival until early afternoon. They had driven some distance to make it. Since prior to their arrival we only had 2 shooters and 3 instructors, we could accommodate them. Alonso1 volunteered to take them aside with the training aid "rifle" and get them up to speed. We then had them follow a different course of fire from the Jims but used the same Fire/Cease Fire, etc. commands for all shooters.  The Jims experienced one AQT toward the end of the day.

Saturday

Barbara, Jake and Mara handle rifles and fire for the first time in their lives.  O0

Each of the 5 shooters returned for more instruction and shooting on Sunday. It was overcast most of Sunday, but none of the 30% chance of rain manifested.

Sunday

The Jims shot several AQTs but unfortunately no Riflemen this time around. Barbara and her crew did get to shoot one AQT at the end of the day.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.