News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th Shoot

Started by pennys dad, March 05, 2011, 03:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Good Saturday to Everyone - I Hope Your Day has gone Well!

I am working on an Information Blitz Campaign for the Calguns.Net website on the subject of April 19th 1775 and the Heritage Shoot that Appleseed holds to honor this special point in time.  Buuut, I need help!  What I am looking for are your thoughts on what the April 19th 1775 commemorative shoot means to you and if you had 30 seconds to convince your friend to come what would you say.
Pictures are desired as well, past examples, remembrances of past shoots, reflections on the event and your readings; something that I can post on a California based public forum and say COME TO THIS EVENT!!  I am looking for several posting.  I intend the thread to be about 3 paragraphs long, with each paragraph about 3 to 4 sentences in size with pictures and 1 our 2 sayings.
Anyhow, I apologize for the fire drill but I hope to get this posted by Wednesday of this week, I hope you'all can dig deep and come up with some Awesome thoughts.

Thank you Everyone for your time and thoughts
I appreciate the help and apologize for the weekend reading.

Best Regards
Jacob (aka) Penny Dad

gratefuldog

i've got something in work... if you don't get it by Sunday pm, it was nfg.

pennys dad

Excellent, Thank You.  I look forward to reading it.

gratefuldog

unfortunately, it was pretty far from excellent, and not really what you were asking for... still trying for something better.

pennys dad

Quote from: gratefuldog on March 08, 2011, 12:41:25 AM
unfortunately, it was pretty far from excellent, and not really what you were asking for... still trying for something better.

:) so far your the only one saying your trying so whatever you come up with will be excellent.

Thank you and I appreciate the help

V

Search in AAR produced this

and from here this

gratefuldog

like I said, not quite what you asked for....still thinking!

You've been asleep for hours when you get the news; there are many hours 'til dawn.

You hoped this day would never come, but still, you're ready.  You have trained with your neighbors, you have prepared your family, and your rifle and gear stand ready by the door.  It's time: Time to fight and perhaps die on your feet, or live on your knees.

It's April 19,  1775.

The Anniversary of that day is fast approaching. How will you commemorate it? Sitting on the couch watching Seinfeld re-runs? Or on the rifle range, learning the marksmanship skills that helped those early patriots win the day?

Appleseed.
April 19.
Because the American Revolution must never end.

LayloPro

Hmmm, I like it.....it has a nice bridge between now & then, and still gets the point across....my vote, FWIW.... O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

pennys dad

That Looks like an Opener!  Thank You Sir

Quote from: gratefuldog on March 08, 2011, 01:24:55 AM
like I said, not quite what you asked for....still thinking!

You've been asleep for hours when you get the news; there are many hours 'til dawn.

You hoped this day would never come, but still, you're ready.  You have trained with your neighbors, you have prepared your family, and your rifle and gear stand ready by the door.  It's time: Time to fight and perhaps die on your feet, or live on your knees.

It's April 19,  1775.

The Anniversary of that day is fast approaching. How will you commemorate it? Sitting on the couch watching Seinfeld re-runs? Or on the rifle range, learning the marksmanship skills that helped those early patriots win the day?

Appleseed.
April 19.
Because the American Revolution must never end.

gratefuldog

another shot:

I like to be good at the things I do.  I don't need to be the "Best Ever," but I never want to apologize for doing a half-assed job.  So I seek out training on new endeavors: not 'cause I'm stupid; I just like to shorten the learning curve.

I had been out of the "gun world" for some 20 years before recently buying a 1911, and getting some training to go along with it.  So when I expanded my "collection" with a rifle, I naturally sought out instruction.  I read about the Appleseed Project on the Calguns forum, and thought, for a $70 weekend, I didn't have much to lose...

What I didn't realize was how much I had to gain.  I have learned to sight and shoot a rifle safely, accurately and quickly.  I have learned about the events of April 19th, 1775, and the heroism and sacrifices made by those early patriots.  And I have met some good, straight-up folks, who know very much what they are about.

Come to an Appleseed shoot.  Learn your rifle. Learn your history. Repair your country.

(that last line may need some help.... edits welcome!)

pennys dad

Umm, I like the first one.  I have copied it and am working it into a thread.  I will post it for reading as soon as i finish

Cal 7.62

Not to highjack the thread, but I just saw this and thought it was a good description of the 4/19/10 Sacto Appleseed from polygunner-
"One note.
The emotional impact of the Appleseed heritage talks is awsome.
Shooting is fun and marksmanship is important but, the connection with a history that is American and belongs to all Americans is the true power of the Appleseed. We all need to understand the sacrifices that were made, for us, by men long ago.

I could go on and on."
Amen,brother polygunner!
Maybe you could use that quote somewhere. O0
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

pennys dad

Nice!! I will work it in, Thank You for the addition

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on March 13, 2011, 03:15:15 AM
Not to highjack the thread, but I just saw this and thought it was a good description of the 4/19/10 Sacto Appleseed from polygunner-
"One note.
The emotional impact of the Appleseed heritage talks is awsome.
Shooting is fun and marksmanship is important but, the connection with a history that is American and belongs to all Americans is the true power of the Appleseed. We all need to understand the sacrifices that were made, for us, by men long ago.

I could go on and on."
Amen,brother polygunner!
Maybe you could use that quote somewhere. O0

pennys dad

Here is what I have so far, it still in the works, so feedback is appreciated.

QuoteYou've been asleep for hours when you get the news; there are many hours 'til dawn.
You hoped this day would never come, but still, you're ready.  You have trained with your neighbors, you have prepared your family, and your rifle and gear stand ready by the door. 
It's time: Time to fight and perhaps die on your feet, or live on your knees.

It's April 19, 1775.

The Anniversary of that day is fast approaching. How will you commemorate it? Sitting on the couch watching Seinfeld re-runs? Or on the rifle range, learning the marksmanship skills that helped those early patriots win the day?  Gratefuldog - Riflemen
[/i]

I Hope Everyone has had a Good Day

Calgunners,

What will you be doing to celebrate your Heritage, What will you be doing to Celebrate your inalienable Rights, the right to Protect your family, friends and self, the right to speak out, what will you be doing?

On April 16th and 17th Project Appleseed (http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ )will be hosting a Celebration of Liberty at an outdoor shooting range near you.  This Celebration will be held across all of California and the Country, come join Americans across the country in commemoration April 19th, 1775.

QuoteShooting is fun and marksmanship is important but, the connection with a history that is American and belongs to all Americans is the true power of the Appleseed. We all need to understand the sacrifices that were made, for us, by men and women long ago.  Polygunner - Riflemen
Please follow the schedule link below, you can sign up for 1 day or 2 days, if you are coming for 1 sign up for Saturday.  Bring family, bring a friend, bring someone that has never shot before.  You will learn basic Riflemen skills, learn about American Heritage and Liberty and have a great time with friends and family.
Schedule:  http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=CA&statename=California