News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BAG Day, coming up!

Started by voidoid, March 28, 2011, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voidoid

Hi everyone,

In case you didn't know, Buy A Gun Day is April 15, just before our big weekend.  Perfect time to put together a new LTR....
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

2 clicks low

Don't think I ever heard of this holiday.
Is this a new Hallmark Holiday?
Do I need to send everyone cards?  #)

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

dwarven1

Quote from: voidoid on March 28, 2011, 12:21:40 PMPerfect time to put together a new LTR....

NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!!!  ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) You DIDN'T say that!!!!!

Voidoid, I will ENSURE that anyone who shows up with a shrink-wrapped rifle is on YOUR line that weekend! I did my stint dealing with brand new rifles on the line.  &) &)

Seriously, do NOT bring a rifle that you just bought the day before to a shoot. I've seen way too many of them already... and if there's ANY trouble whatsoever, I'll guarantee that the shooter will be futzing around with the rifle, muttering under his/her breath "why isn't this damn thing WORKING!" and NOT paying attention to what we're teaching.

If you buy a rifle for BAG day... bring it to the MAY shoot. AFTER you've made sure it's broken in.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Nickle

Yup, gotta agree with Ross on that one. I've seen way too many people that brought a new rifle they had just bought, then tried working into it at an Appleseed.

Rarely it works, and the one time I know of, it was a school teacher that made sure she had a complete setup, purchased well enough before the event, and though she hadn't fired it, she made good and sure she was familiar with it. It was a Mk II Savage boltgun (they tend to be trouble free, out of the box). Brand new shooter, and she made Rifleman on Sunday with it.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

voidoid

No, I didn't mean bring it to the shoot the next day.  But it's definitely a good opportunity for us to get one ready for the May shoot, with time to get those Tech Sights in the mail, get some extra mags, and break everything in. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington