News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed for Top Shot's Dustin Ellermann?

Started by gglovesguns, September 17, 2011, 03:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hi All~

I interviewed Dustin Ellermann for my blog and one of the things I asked him about was Appleseed. He has not attended a shoot, but wants to. He also wants to host a shoot at the camp he runs. I am in Nevada, so I can't help him with this. I need someone to step up and be the boots on the ground to getting him to a shoot once the show is over and following up on setting up a shoot for his kids. Do I have any takers?

I told him I would send him a free Appleseed certificate. I got one as a Gun Blogger Rendezvous participant and while I hate to give it up (I'd like my husband to use it), I am willing to send it to him unless you all can work something else out.

Let me know!
Thanks~
GG

RF

Sorry to ask but some of us don't watch TV.
Where is he?
Celeste, Texas

techres

GG,

You do not need to give up yours.  I am sure we can get him one of his own without any issue.  Drop me a PM with an address and we can get it done.

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

gglovesguns

Dustin is from Zavalla, Texas. He runs a non-denominational Christian camp and retreat there called "Camp His Way."

Camp His Way
561 McGilberry Rd
Zavalla, TX 75980

1-888-CAMP-HIS
936-897-9974
info@camphisway.com
http://www.camphisway.com/

I looked on the Appleseed shoot map for Texas and it doesn't look like we have any shoots in his neighborhood, but he said he is willing to host one. :)

I'll ask him what his preferred mailing address would be to receive the certificate.

Thanks all!

GG

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

starfox

Ooh, East Texas Piney woods, sign me up!  Closest locations we currently have shoots would be Atlanta, TX or Shreveport, LA.

PMs inbound.

Quote from: gglovesguns on September 18, 2011, 01:41:27 AM
Dustin is from Zavalla, Texas. He runs a non-denominational Christian camp and retreat there called "Camp His Way."

Camp His Way
561 McGilberry Rd
Zavalla, TX 75980

1-888-CAMP-HIS
936-897-9974
info@camphisway.com
http://www.camphisway.com/

I looked on the Appleseed shoot map for Texas and it doesn't look like we have any shoots in his neighborhood, but he said he is willing to host one. :)

I'll ask him what his preferred mailing address would be to receive the certificate.

Thanks all!

GG
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

spitstickler

There's an event next weekend in Atlanta. Pop is the shot boss and there's plenty of room. On-site camping.  Send him over
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Texas Rifleman

Supposed to be nice weather this weekend in Atlanta.
Hope to see him there.
The Harrison's are great hosts and the Atlanta shoot is a beautiful range.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

POP

Camp HIS Way is roughly 165 miles South of the Atlanta, TX event this weekend ... or about 3 1/2 hours up US 59.

CHW is located near Lufkin, Tx on Lake Sam Rayburn.  Real pretty Texas Forest land.

I will call him Monday.  Thanks for the heads up.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We could save him 6 miles if he came to a College Station event instead!  >:D

Zavalla is somewhat familiar territory. sleepy Joe and I used to hunt in the Angelina National Forest near Broaddus, TX - just acrosss the reservoir from Zavalla.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

POP

6 miles, huh?
Ummm ... Tell you what, Steve.
Earlier this week I got a reply from Dustin.  He says he'd like to attend an Appleseed and possibly do some events at his Christian Camp there out of Lufkin.  But, right now he is in his real busy season.  That's good news, actually.  Tells me there's hope for this country yet.  At least there's hope for Texas.  ;D

So, since I need to get back to Struve's College Station range, perhaps we can plan an event there for Dustin a few months down the road.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

POP - you would be most welcome.

Just be advised the luxurious instructor bunkhouse at CCC shooters has been rented out and is no longer available to us. It was nice while it lasted.  :'(

Camping is still available at College Station and there is running water and flush toilets.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

starfox

POP / Steve,

Let us know how we can help.  I would love to bring Mr. Ellerman's facility into the fold.  From what I've seen on Top Shot, he's a stand up kinda guy.  Anything you guys' need, let  us know.

If he attends an Appleseed, someone should tell the story of the Reverend William Emerson Sr.  I love when Mark tells that story.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10