News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR gunnison Co january 22,23

Started by al smith, March 01, 2011, 03:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al smith

We had Some very cold temps to start (13 degrees before zero F).

There were five hardy souls who braved the temps to hear our country's founding history and learn rifle safety, practice the skills needed to become a Rifleman, and commit to being a reponsible citizen by getting involved.

During the course of the shoot we had snow, wind, sun and cold.  We had some rifle issues due to the cold and traded out for loaner rifles. 

Thanks to the good spirits of Crazy Tim and Sandy, we had a fun shoot AND a Hot pot of chili cooked on Cowboy and Sidesaddle's Ranch Stove.   It would be a great addition to future shoots on cold days.  (Maybe Cooks aren't so bad after all.)

We had a great father son team from Colorado Springs, an new Appleseed Instructor and his wife, and a long time friend of Guy's.

It was a pleasure and an an honor to serve with them all.

My apologies on the tardiness of this AAR.  I become struck with a prolonged bout of the flu that is just now passing.

Please add photos if you have some. 

I have some but my skills in getting them on the site are limited.

Thanks to all who made this possible.

Al Smith
al smith