News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fred’s article

Started by Livefreeusa, February 25, 2011, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livefreeusa

Just read Fred's article in the shotgun news.  I think they are getting better and better, so I would like to comment on the articles from time to time and hopefully you could do that with me.   One of (because they're many) the best lines are;
"Pity the founders. To see the people in this country be so worthless- so unworthy of the heritage they fought and died to leave to us. A heritage of liberty, of valor, of resistance to tyranny."
This my friend says it all.... And I know if you are reading this you probably aren't the problem, But the solution.  Maybe not the WHOLE solution  but absolutely a great part of the solution, so spread the word.  Fred  writes his article in plain English... ( I still wish for the day he could tell us how he really feels.  Let it all hang out, desperate times call for desperate measures. )  When  he writes I feel he's talking to me, but not as much anymore because I did get my ass off the couch, I am a rifleman and not a cook  (no offense to all the cooks out there, keep practicing you CAN do it) And now I trying to become an instructor. YES the last part IS hard... It is WORK..... Most of the time I DON'T HAVE the TIME, But I try...... I try Because Fred has opened my eyes that in turn opened my soul,  I now realize the TRUE price PAID for OUR freedom. Not just what I was taught in school or like I like to say now a days is screwool. 
Well off my soapbox now. Please comment. Am I off the mark? Wasting my time? Wasting your time? I don't want the ship to sink...... do you?

Livefreeusa
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

Cooper

Greetings, LivefreeUSA

No, you're not off the mark, and good quotes!  I'm not a SGN gal, so it's nice to hear what's going on in that part of the world sometimes.

Take the time to learn more, take your proficiency checks (PC's) and advance along the IIT path.  Turn your passion into progress and equip yourself to teach and bring others into the fold.  Contact the shoot bosses and instructors that taught you the skills needed to earn your Rifleman patch and gave you your orange hat.  Ask them what you can do to continue down the Appleseed Trail and help save our sinking ship!  You can do it.  A Rifleman persists!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Patriot Gal

Great commentary, Livefreeusa!  Well spoken from the heart.

Not a waste of time at all.  Good to hear some positive feelings being put out on the forum.  @)

Welcome to Appleseed and good luck with the IIT-ing!!  Remember to always be working on your PCs so you can progress at a good pace.  No time to drag your heels!!!   &)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4720.0

Thanks for all you do and will do for Appleseed!
Hope to see you out on the trail,
Patriot Gal   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patent guy

Is there a compilation of Fred's articles anywhere that can be found with a link?

Can someone reply with that link?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"