News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Seventh Stepping Success?

Started by caseyblane, February 23, 2011, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyblane

Thought I would share in case it might work for you too. I have a co-worker who believes that guns are only for law enforcement, rednecks (I think this is where he classifies me) and those who are insecure in their manhood (I have no idea what he thinks is wrong with you lady shooters!). Anyway, he has agreed to come to Appleseed with me April 16 in St. Augustine. Now, try to look past what I told you about him above and lets baptize him with his lost heritage and marksmanship skills. Well, we can give him a bit of a hard time  ;D  The catch? I have agreed to attend a fitness boot camp program with him. Wish me luck!!! The other good news is that since he'll be shooting my LTR, I now have no good excuse not to put my Garand through the paces at this event! I'm working on getting some other sleepy Americans there too. Lord, help me!!!
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

ranger1968

That's great! I have always found that simply overcoming the inertia of ignorance and getting a nonbeliever to the range to be the bulk of the battle...once you get them there, they always find that it is not what they expected, and that they have fun.....and they always come away with a new found sense of empowerment and a fresh, enthusiastic attitude. :cool2:

Good job! O0