News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana reaches out to CA Appleseeders.

Started by stschil, February 16, 2011, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stschil

Ha, got your attention.....

As some of you know, my job takes me all over the country.  I took a suggestion from Techres and reached out to the CA Appleseed gang in anticipation of my stay there over the next week.  Lo and behold, I've made contact.  And not only that, it is turning out to be an "Appleseed Night Out" organized by LayloPro and his California Cadre.

I am just itching to get there and meet these folks and share some stories, soak up some knowledge and just have some fun with shooters from another area.

Hopefully I can get a few pics too.   

Keep your eye out for an AAR! 
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

hawkhavn

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!
I would reccommend this to anyone making a trip out of state, check the schedule or state board and announce your visit.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

SPQR

Beautiful!

(There aren't enough emoticons on this thing for Col. Hannibal Smith)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Rocket Man

Oooh, yes there are.  Laylo will be along shortly...   **)

We'll be glad to host you out here!  Maybe we can give you a few pointers, too, like how to make 330+ Riflemen in a couple of short years.  You'll dig the vibe out here, man.   ..:..
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

CSHR

stschil,

We've got a shoot going this weekend at Corona(~35miles) too...so if you'd care to 'work' I'm sure NewMOe, the SB, would put you on the line....ahhhh...muddy ground as it's supposed to rain heavily on Fri/Sat...so I doubt that they'll be racing anyway..

We, of course, will all stand around and watch what you're doing....since the turnout is listed at 7 right now and as many instructors are signed up too  ++)

Welcome to SoCal!

CSHR
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

Justin

Glad to hear you are coming, I look forward to seeing/meeting you. It will be nice to have someone from your very successful region to compare and contrast the small differences so that we may all become more well rounded instructors. See you then!
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

stschil

I too am excited to get there an meet you all.   This is going to be a blast.  Unfortunately, I will be working the time I am out there, so  :'( as much as I'd love to be a part of one of you lines, I can't.

stschil

OK.  So California Rocks.   :D

I have to say it folks, like Techres suggested and Hawkhavn reiterated, If you are traveling out of state and know that you will have an evening or more to kill, make contact with some Appleseeders from the area you are traveling too. 
  I met a GREAT group of folks last night.  LayloPro was a wonderful host.  Ultraknowledable and quite the story teller  O0   It was nearly midnight (PST) when we finally broke up and went on our separate ways.
RocketMan, Pete, and Justin, to a man, have talent and passion.  They are a heartbeat, a pulse, a breath, so strong that I can see nothing but wonderful things for the people of California so long as these individuals are part of the cadre out here.
From what I can tell, there is a strong program growing here on the left coast and I hope that is continues.   

This was a awesome experience.  Every once in a while, you meet someone cut from the same cloth as you, in a normal life.  Appleseed seems to draw those folks like a magnet.  I look forward to doing this again and again in my travels. 

Castle Mountain

LayloPro rocks  ..:.. ..:.. like the second coming of Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Edition  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :--- ^:)^

Castle Mountain

Quote from: stschil on February 21, 2011, 10:29:45 AM
OK.  So California Rocks.   :D

I have to say it folks, like Techres suggested and Hawkhavn reiterated, If you are traveling out of state and know that you will have an evening or more to kill, make contact with some Appleseeders from the area you are traveling too. 
  I met a GREAT group of folks last night.  LayloPro was a wonderful host.  Ultraknowledable and quite the story teller  O0   It was nearly midnight (PST) when we finally broke up and went on our separate ways.
RocketMan, Pete, and Justin, to a man, have talent and passion.  They are a heartbeat, a pulse, a breath, so strong that I can see nothing but wonderful things for the people of California so long as these individuals are part of the cadre out here.
From what I can tell, there is a strong program growing here on the left coast and I hope that is continues.   

This was a awesome experience.  Every once in a while, you meet someone cut from the same cloth as you, in a normal life.  Appleseed seems to draw those folks like a magnet.  I look forward to doing this again and again in my travels. 

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Justin

Hey! Thanks for coming out and making time to visit. I had a great time and yes it is nice to know regardless of where you go you can find like minded people. Always great to have family town!
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

LayloPro

Y'know.....it always amazes me how when you travel around and see your family......you usually go home, even more content in knowing that there are "more of you out there"...... :cool2:

It amazes me even more so that when we meet fellow 'Seeders, even tho' you may have never met them befiore, that they are your "brothers from a different mother" (Pappy), "son's from a different mother" (Slim), and on & on.....

While the standard here in Cali over the last 20 yrs or so has been one of building a "bunker mentality", and talking to -no one- about your guns, shooting habits, hunt sites, etc.; I am perpetually amazed when I meet yet another 'Seeder, who reaffirms my belief that what I personally hold near & dear to my heart, is shared by others, with a passion & discpline as great as mine, or usually, even greater.... O0

It gives me faith in our Cause, and hope for my grand children's' future....... :) O0

I don't see much else on this planet that can equal that.... @@) @)

After the last couple of months of my life, this was a -very- welcome break in my now-current routine....what a great way to spend most of a day, shooting, instructing, mentoring, visiting, and sharing with our brothers, so that they can go forth & apply those ideas & thoughts even more vigorously than I.

Gotta love it. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Steve, again, thank you for taking a break in your schedule as well to visit with us...if I can get out there in a bit, and you are home, I do look forward to taking you up on your offer..... O0 :~ O0

Take care.
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.