News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ft. Stewart, GA

Started by PHenry, February 09, 2011, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Just had a long chat with a woman who is in charge of recreation for families of soldiers stationed at Ft. Stewart. She is considering inviting Appleseeds to come and hold an event. I will post any updates as they come in.

I have asked her to look into numbers and let me know how many are interested, as that would be the first step.

How is the weather in GA this time of year?  :cool2:

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

oldfudd

PH -- just looked at Yahoo weather for this week in Hinesville, GA.  Highs in the 50's - 60's, lows just above freezing.  Sure beats highs in the 100's +  with equal amounts of humidity.

See ya.

Oldfudd
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

cannonman61

I live and work on Ft Stewart.

If they want to do an Appleseed, great, I'll be there. But, they would have to get permission to use on of the regular Army ranges as the range at Pass/Permit on Ft Stewart is totally inappropriate for AS use.

I am available if you need someone to meet Face to face with theis POC.

Cannonman61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

PHenry

C61,
Thanks for offer - may well take u up on that sir. Yes, she told me of a range that holds 8 and I advised her that something much larger would be better, such as the GPMG range if she has a sufficient number of people who wish to attend an Appleseeds event. The first step is up to her - to determine the size of potential class. If they have three people who want to learn to handle a pistol safely - maybe one of the GA instructors could stop by to spend a couple hours with them on that small range and satisfy that interest as a courtesy.

That's not what the Captain who contacted us had in mind - he wants an Appleseed event for the families of soldiers, but u know better than most, that what he would like to see may not be what the nice lady I spoke to has in mind. I directed her to our website, so that she could see what we are about and hopefully she will see the inherent value.

All we can do is drag to the water, dunk their heads under and tickle their ribs - the drinking is optional.  O0

Thanks agin,
PH

PS: Make any new cannon of late?
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

cannonman61

PHenry,

You can have her contact me here at the house if they would like a rundown on what we can give and waht we'd require.

As for making cannon, oh, a few. The real project is the building of a new workshop as my old one is nearly been digested by the local subteranean termites. I had a pas poured last week and my dad arrived from AZ Saturday to build it. He has all 4 walls framed already and it rained 4 of the past 7 days! I should be set up and the lathe turning again in a month or less!
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

PHenry

Very nice sir! The old shop was cozier, but the new one is more befitting your talents.  O0

I am hoping we can get something big going, but who knows. I will update u when she gits back to me.

PH