News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congrats to New IIT and Washington DC's First Red Hat

Started by BeSwift, December 14, 2010, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

BIG Congrats are in order for Washington DC's FIRST Red Hat (if mistaken, someone please correct me)... Sashok.Privetov 
It was interesting hearing the American Revolution history with a Russian accent..and that fact wasn't lost on the students...
Although he is only stationed there, technically he lives in DC, so he gets bestowed the honor... We'll have to petition for DC to have it's own board set up! 

Speaking of the students, congrats are in order to gjnolte for stepping up to answer the call, by volunteering for IIT duty...

It is heartening to see the progress and continued growth of the program in Maryland...especially considering less than a year ago there was no Appleseed in Maryland.. Sincere thanks and congratulations..
BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

sashok.privetov

Thanks, Y'All!!!

There is nothing technical about it, I am stationed and do, in fact, live in DC, unfortunately.  Fortunately, I will be moving to the free state next spring!  ...thusly becoming VA's latest addition.
Don't hurry with the board--the fact above aside, there are no existing ranges in the district, and the Authoritah! will have a fit if you dared to bring a firearm into Their city.

sashok.privetov
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

VTMountaineer

Congratulations Alex. Wish I was there to hear you tell it man.

Cheeks

POP

Way to go Alex (SP).  O0
We Texans have had the distinct pleasure of doing events with SP.  I remember several shoots at Davilla where he worked his &^*%# off doing AQTs with his Mosin Nagant.

I'd like to see him work the line now in his "Red" Hat (no subtle meaning intended   **) **) **))
And I'd like to hear him do the strikes "It was interesting hearing the American Revolution history with a Russian accent.."  You're always welcome back in the Lone Star State, Alex.

And congrats to gjnolte as well.  O0 See you on the trail.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

jmdavis

Pop is definitely right about Alex's work ethic (as well as many other things IMO). Congratulations Alex! Virginia is proud to have you!

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

sashok.privetov

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

POP, jmdavis--I believe you are both overestimating my abilities, specifically my work and ethic in general.  But thanks for the compliments!   :cool2:

I do miss Texas, POP.  That's where I heard my first "Y'all come back now, y'hear?!"  From a black man in a 3-piece suit driving a BMW.
'Bout that subtle meaning in regards to the red hat--(insert redneck accent)  Dem's fightn' werds...   &)    I'm learning to speak redneck!   ++)

Just consider me the  Lone Star--Old Dominion connection.
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

spitstickler

Congrats, Sashok!  Do come back and see us.

Here's a pic from from Davilla in April. Let's see one with that red hat on!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

Way to go ALEX! ..:..  ..:..  ..:..  Us Texans are proud that you made rifleman with us at Davilla. :~  :~  :~  :~

Keep up the good work and just remember you are always welcome in TEXAS!!  O0
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

sashok.privetov

Damn, all these Texans coming out of the woodwork!   What on earth am I going to do?    :sos:

Aw hell, now I gotta get the red hat pic...  OK, but if Sergeant Major Larry over there sees it and his eye starts twitching--you will be liable for my demotion!   O0

hawkhavn

Sashok,

Congratulations on the new hat!

I look forward to hearing your Strikes with a Russian accent, I've heard it done with a Kiwi, British and Irish accents, so that will be a new one.

Also, thank you for the reasoned discourse over on Oleg's blog, you and Oleg are 7th stepping it mighty fine over there.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

voortrekker

Congratulations Alex!

As POP has addressed, I second his words, you have worked very hard towards your present accomplishments.

I wish I could have been there when you received your Red Hat.

In addition, thank you for your service in the US Army.

Let us know when you'll be back in Texas.  Now that you are a Red Hat, we've got plenty of Instructing to share with you!  :)

brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

sashok.privetov

Quote from: hawkhavn on December 15, 2010, 09:45:47 PM
Sashok,

Congratulations on the new hat!

I look forward to hearing your Strikes with a Russian accent, I've heard it done with a Kiwi, British and Irish accents, so that will be a new one.

Also, thank you for the reasoned discourse over on Oleg's blog, you and Oleg are 7th stepping it mighty fine over there.

HH

The reaction to the accent is always amusing, especially when they see me in uniform.

You're hyperiate?

sashok.privetov

Quote from: voortrekker on December 15, 2010, 10:32:59 PM
Congratulations Alex!
Let us know when you'll be back in Texas.  Now that you are a Red Hat, we've got plenty of Instructing to share with you!  :)

I'd be glad to!  As long as that offer is not preceded by an invitation to step outside...   :-\

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Reddot

Alex,
Another "Huzzah" from the Lone Star Republic!!   O0 O0 O0
Congratulations!!
Chuck

Patent guy

Congratulations Alex, and let me also thank you for your military service.
The next round is on me.
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

sashok.privetov

AFTERMATH

Congratulations!

Come up to Minnesota one of these days!
A friend of mine from high school said it's colder here, than in Russia; but I suppose that depends on where you're at... @)
Thank you for your service and dedication!

See you on the Trail!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sashok.privetov

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 09, 2011, 07:25:20 PM
Come up to Minnesota one of these days!

In words of Oleg Volk, "Minnesota=Montana+commies"

And I'm more used to Baghdad heat these days.
I think I'll pass.   8)