News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed comes to Texas

Started by spitstickler, January 09, 2011, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

Yes, the temps were in the low 30's below freezing. I had on 4 layers of clothes! My texas blood has a hard time adjusting to the cold weather. We did get a rifleman score even with the cold temps!!  ..:..
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Gravy

Winterseed in Texas?!   :o
You guys are funny.  **)
I know you all have had some bad weather this winter, but I'd take it any day.  Check out this Winterseed in Waterman, IL:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20534.0
That was just 5 days after the 3rd worst blizzard in Chicago history.  We had a blast.   :---

Anyway, I didn't mean to be snooping around in your business.  I was looking for some info on Davilla for this year?  I would like to come to an RBC if there is going to be one.  I also have a brother and a couple of old college buddies I could bring to an shoot.  Believe me, they need to get off the couch!  I spent some time in Texas, and got more than a few sunburns out on Lake Belton.  This is just the excuse I need for a road trip and chance to bring in some new shooters.  Of course, I'd offer to help with these events.