News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Castro Valley Feb 19 2011

Started by Johnnyappleseed, February 19, 2011, 11:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

I got the bad news this AM ,because of a minor qlitch in the insurance form submitted to Chabot gun club we were unable to have the AS  :(

About 10 attentee's were ready to enjoy marksmanship and heritage . Who ever gets to SB the next event will sure enjoy meeting this enthusiastic group.

We did intro's with name +forum name -city ? where heard of AS? and name of shooting rafor nge /gun club.
Shortly after the intro" Nero did a promo /expalaination of CMP -- which led to Rifleman discussion.

Each person picked out a quote from the founders and read it aloud .

0900 Nero graciously offered his gun club membership for those who wanted to shoot . ^5 Thank you Nero.

Even though the AS did not happen -- IM sure friendships were made and  the AS goals were advanced .

The last event I recall being cancelled was " A place to shoot" maybe late 08 ? -- At this non event I had the pleasure of meeting Francis Marion  O0---- somewhere there is a silver lining  ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

Unfortunately these things happen. The more locations we have the chance for minor glitches increase.

I am certain the glitch will be remedied and the next event at Chabot will go well.

Thanks JA!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Nero

Though we were washed out by an insurance snafu  !@#) (and the range was nearly flooded, for that matter), many of the would-be AS attendees did get to shoot:  I and another attendee, both of us members of the Chabot range, offered up the use of our guest passes to the disappointed shooters, which allowed them the use of the public lines at half rate.  Four of them took us up on the offer.    One couple had arrived without rifles, anticipating the use of JohnnyAppleseed's LTR loaners, and another shooter graciously offered the loan of a spare rifle that he had brought along so they could get in some trigger time.  O0 Since the regular weekend crowd had been mostly scared off by the inclement weather, the hardy AS souls had nearly exclusive use of the public range, and hopefully made some new friends as well as getting a small portion of what they'd come for.  (The names of the helpful souls who pitched in with rifle and guest pass are in JAS' signup list, but have eluded my befuddled brain.)   A fine exhibit of AS spirit and teamwork in the face of adversity.

Since I had only anticipated instructing, the only 'rifle' we had along was a 'Mass-legal' stock+boresighter trainer, so no trigger time was had by yours truly.  (When, O when, will I learn?  :wb: There's ALWAYS room for at least one firearm + ammo, because you just never know...)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass