News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Oklahoma training and competition shooters' forum

Started by Surveyor1653, February 11, 2011, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surveyor1653

Guys,

I don't know if das ist verboten but I wanted to turn you onto BoomerShooter.com

This is a fairly new OK forum that focuses on firearms (2A issues, training and competition) but not the other 'stuff'.

They would be a great place to advertise shoots and they put on some spectacular group buys that could benefit Appleseeders such as dedicated 22 uppers for you AR folks and the mags that go with them, among other things.

The atmosphere is light and the attitudes are checked at the door(amazing, I know).

This is a great forum for all things Appleseed but for a place to get the word out further or to just talk firearms training with your fellow Okies I think you'll be pleased with BoomerShooter.

I know that Henschman is a member and I hope to see some others get over that way.  I'm registered under my name:  Mike Ray

Can't wait for a spring Appleseed, by the way.  I'm thiiiiis close to talking my wife into bringing the girls to watch me shoot one so that I can bring my oldest out to train later in the year.  See you on the range.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

Scarecrow

henschman

Yep, I posted our last Afton shoot in the "training" section, and I plan on posting all our upcoming events as they are scheduled.  Looks like a good forum with a little less drama and non-shooting related BS than okshooters.  I am probably not as likely to get banned there, either... though I don't think there is a politics section, so it shouldn't be an issue!  lol.  OKS isn't too keen on political views that the mods disagree with. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Surveyor1653

Quote from: henschman on February 14, 2011, 12:42:51 PM
Yep, I posted our last Afton shoot in the "training" section, and I plan on posting all our upcoming events as they are scheduled.  Looks like a good forum with a little less drama and non-shooting related BS than okshooters.  I am probably not as likely to get banned there, either... though I don't think there is a politics section, so it shouldn't be an issue!  lol.  OKS isn't too keen on political views that the mods disagree with. 

Truth^
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court