News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stupor Bowl

Started by TaosGlock, February 06, 2011, 01:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

With the shadows from the waning daylight, I hope to be stuffing 2 rounds into an en-bloc into my M1.  
I will have a COM hold, followed by squeeezing the trigger on the 750M Iron Maiden at the Butterfield Range.  
If my timing is right, about the time the shot breaks, the kicker in Texas will kick the ball at the exact same time.  
In about a second, the M1's bullet will impact the target. I will have called the shot and received the distinctive sonic affirmation of lead on the steel.
I will fire another shot, call it again, hear the "ching" of the ejected clip...all while the ball is still floating in air.

Then back home to work on more AS stuff.

I know some of you guys will be shooting today as well.

Hope your all thawed out and got those frozen pipes fixed.

Have fun, stay safe whatever you do or wherever you are out in AS land.
See you on the trail!
TG/BF

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

I'm planning on heading for the range in time to miss the Stupid Bowl.
Norm's wife confessed the sin of desiring for some team too win.
I gave her penance of 200 rds by the numbers and 30 standing dry fire.
Some will never learn, backsliders, heathens, unrepentant. 

Cal 7.62

I got my 8YO daughter a Cricket Rifle for Christmas. ;)
Finally had time(and nice weather) to take her out so she could try it.
She LIKES shooting! (as it should be) ^:)^ :~ ^:)^
She had a big smile on her face when she was shooting it.  :) It sure put a smile on my face. :)
She was so worried about running out of bullets. :( >:(
I think she's hooked. >:D
YESSSSSS! O0 ^:)^ O0 ^:)^
I'll remember this day for the rest of my life.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
This is my favorite "sport." :~ :~ You guys can have your football. ::)

Thomas Jefferson's advice to his 15-year-old nephew:

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

TaosGlock

I just got back.
Except for a couple roadrunners and a hawk, I had the whole range to myself.
Got a lot done too. Re-checked the come ups on the M1 with a new batch of Greek....1968 stuff.
Didn't have to worry about folks when going downrange.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Jerry Hall

Evening All,
Spent from 0730 till noon on the edges of nowhere, launching projectiles at them new AR-500 Silhouettes. They gong pretty good!
Ate Chinese, then put powder and ball to 330 .308("30-06 shorts). Having salvaged 400 .223 brass from the last shoot, they're up next!!!
AS stuff is on the top of the list as Carlsbad is next weekend!!!

HappyTrails All....Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

nmmi9100

Watched the commercials.  Spent the rest of the time cleaning rifles.

Not particularly a big sportsfan here.

-David

JustJeff

I spent the latter part of the afternoon at the range with Sam.... We had a good time, until the rangemaster chased us off so he could close (dusk). 
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.