News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vermont Shoots 2011

Started by GMB74, February 02, 2011, 06:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

Here are the shoots scheduled for this year

Proctor Fish & Game Club, Proctor, VT:
May 14-15
July 16-17
Oct 1-2

Ethan Allen Firing Range, Jericho, VT:
April 16-17

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Nickle

Pretty much lost that range.

We're working on a few other locations.

We have Jericho still, just need to lock in some dates.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

dwarven1

Quote from: Nickle on March 08, 2011, 11:53:51 AM
Pretty much lost that range.

Damn. I wanted to go up sometime this summer and do some KD with Buzzworth now that I'm finally employed (and not just contracting). Couldn't afford to take the time last year.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Nickle

Oh, Jericho will be multiple times this year. I'm thinking at least 4 or 5 events if we can, which is very likely.

Bennington KD shooting is still going on, even though they've cooled on Appleseed events. That's a club member thing, and a bunch of our Instructors are also club members there.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

dwarven1

Oh, OK. I'll send Buzz an email sometime then.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mph_VT

Been curious why Hale Mountain cooled. I haven't had a chance to see Lloyd so don't know what the true grit. I am a lowly member of that club, haven't had much opportunity to get there to shoot much less get to meetings. I've been over the top with so much stuff.

Any case I figured when Buzz. went on leave we lost ' boots on the ground', but don't know that for fact. I've been trying to promote a couple ranges in NY state, I spend most of my work day over there, but I live in Bennington and if I find stuff out I imagine I could try to promote my own club.

I can't see it being to much of an issue of range use. When I do get up there I don't run into too many shooters; one occasionally, maybe two, a few regulars; gets busier around hunting season. Some trap and hand gun organized things during the week, but don't know of any real weekend issues. Possibly some legal matters, possibly some politic.

I just don't have any real intel to walk into a meeting and beat a drum, especially due to my low stature there.

I would.  I'd like to see more Appleseeds in town. I keep 7th stepping here (and everywhere), but have to add travel to the bill.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

Another D.O.M.

New weekend for Jericho Sept. 17 & 18 2011.  Flier attached for your reading & distributing pleasure...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore