News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mansfield Fish & Game rises from the ashes - next shoot is October 29-30

Started by dwarven1, February 01, 2011, 06:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

The Quonset hut that is Mansfield Fish & Game's main building collapsed today under the weight of the snow. The entire range has been shut down until further notice.

Further details as I find them out.

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Reddot

I'm sorry to hear that; I guess that's global warming for ya.  If you take up a collection to get it fixed, count me in.
Chuck

dwarven1

Building has been condemned.  :sos:

http://thesunchronicle.com/articles/2011/02/01/news/8782576.txt

I will keep this updated as news becomes available. I gotta say, this truly sucks because not only do we lose an Appleseed range, but the club has been working on building an indoor range for the last few years... and that's now buried under 3 feet of snow and a buckled roof.  >:( I am friends with quite a few members there, and many of them are Appleseed supporters. The head of the junior rifle program is our own IIT, AbbyOakley, in fact, and her father is the President. I'm quite bummed out for them.

I imagine that there will be fundraisers being held to rebuild once they get sorted out what they have to do. Watch here and also on www.northeastshooters.com for details.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

The Old Guide

I know where to get some used utility poles if they want to build a pole barn type building. They don't collapse. I have a 24 by 40 pole barn that I built. They could build a 25 yard covered range. Put some siding on there and it could be an indoor covered range.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I know of a Quonset hut that collapsed on some very valuable antique and classic cars.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

dwarven1

I have been in touch with the club president; we are trying to get one shoot on the schedule for this fall and two on the schedule for next year.

Like a phoenix MFG will arise from the ashes.  ;)

GEORGE WASHINGTON

dwarven1

Next Mansfield shoot will be October 29 & 30th, 2011. I've submitted this to get on the schedule already.  ..:..

The silly part of me says that we should have a special award for anyone who shoots Rifleman in costume (since it's so close to Halloween) but I'm only kidding.

I think.  ;)

GEORGE WASHINGTON

dwarven1

Just talked to the President of Mansfield Fish & Game.

The 100 Yard range roof is almost finished and they should start framing the new clubhouse within a few weeks. With a little luck, we'll have the clubhouse available at the shoot in October. No word yet on whether the club will have kitchen facilities by then or not - watch this space.

Range fee for the weekend is $10 per person.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

The Log

Quote from: dwarven1 on May 16, 2011, 09:57:23 AM
The silly part of me says that we should have a special award for anyone who shoots Rifleman in costume (since it's so close to Halloween) but I'm only kidding.

I think.  ;)
Do these things:

• Bring pumpkins
  • Impale them on posts at 25 meters
  • Hilarity ensues
Trust me on this.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn