News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FSW post on Boot Camp - Atlas Shrug

Started by 1shot, June 11, 2007, 04:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1shot

Atlas Shrug
RWVA Instructor
(209 Views)

FSW post on Boot Camp
« on: 05 September 2006, 11:04:46 »

Folks,

FYI on this.  I posted the following on the FSW forum.  Since you have to be registered to read it, I copied the full text below.

In case you don't know, they are a very like thinking group.  Read Molon Labe if you want to fully understand what they are trying to do doing and what makes them tick.

(Actually, everyone should read the book anyway.)

Atlas Shrug

Quote from: Atlas Shrug
What a week!

After Action Reports are starting to come in on the First RWVA Rifleman's Boot Camp.

They are only starting to come in because the participants and instructors are only starting to recover - it was a long, draining week physically.  Well worth it due to the progress, fellowship, and confidence gained, though.  Lots and lots of good seeds were planted!  Skills, ideas, projects, and plans are germinating as we speak/type!  Wink

This first thread actually starts with a roughly day-by-day series of "flash" reports by Fred, with a few comments from others throw in:

http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?topic=1221.msg7833#msg7833

Here is a thread that Fred just started that gives a tour of the RWVA home range.  Commentary by Fred, photos shot by one of the Boot Camp attendees (Ted):

http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?topic=1239.msg8001#msg8001

(Here is a small thread pointing to Ted's source photographs:  http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?topic=1232.0 )

More feedback and analysis will clearly follow.  Everyone learned - instructors and staff included.  We plan to do more of these in the future, so the learning and experimentation will go on.  Hopefully we can have regional boot camps in the future once we build our cadre of instructors (this is one of the main functions of the boot camps themselves, to jump-start participants so that they can run their own Appleseed events).

Looking forward, there may be up to THREE Appleseed Events in Wyoming next year!  I don't know if a boot camp is possible - that's up to those in WY to decide (not so subtle challenge thrown out?). ~W~

I'm honored to have been a small part of the First RWVA Rifleman's Boot Camp.  The fine folks on both sides of the line are Americans of the First Rate and I'm proud of every one of them.  As a group, all recognize the responsibility that we have to preserve and reclaim our liberties.  You see, the week was full of shooting - lots of it, but it was not only shooting.  Much reflection on our Founding Fathers, their sacrifices, their ideals, and their values filled in the spaces where we rested, reloaded, and relished in the clean air that a free man breathes.  All aspects of the RWVA's mission were covered - Shoot, Recruit, Educate, Communicate.

Some aren't Riflemen yet on paper, but all of them are there where it really counts, in the heart and mind.  The paper confirmation is only a question of when, not if.  That's something to take care of along the ways as they carry out the greater mission of waking up a nation of sleeping Americans!

As noted, many of the goals of RWVA and FSW are similar and mutually supporting.  I'm glad of the overlap between these groups.  Such is critical as we rebuild our future for the generations that follow.

I hope to see as many of you as possible at an Appleseed somewhere.  I hope to make one of the WY events next spring!  Will you?

Keep your powder dry,

Atlas Shrug

“Ordnance trumps Ordinance”   (Who said this, besides me on 1/24/2007??)

RWVA Forum > Activity Announcements and Reports > Range and After Action Reports > Topic: FSW post on Boot Camp