News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BORDER RAID !!!

Started by Cooper, January 20, 2011, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Since IL can't figure out how to man a FREE gunshow table in Kankakee, MN/WI will do it for them!!   **)

I'm meeting Taylor to pick up my AR500 D-targets as he returns from the IL IBC along I-94, and then Jackie the Rifledog and I are heading down to (wo)man an Appleseed table at the Kankakee Gunshow at the Kankakee Co Fairgrounds.

If anybody else has nothing to do this weekend, you're invited to come 7th step in the land of gangsters and politicians for the sake of the Nation ^:)^

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

vernic82

"Instructors without Borders" is kinder & gentler ::)
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Blue Five

Sounds like a fun weekend, Cooper  O0
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Cooper

Checkmate King 2, this is White Rook, over.

Go ahead, White Rook.

Have penetrated into the land of the Illinnoying.
Studies and Observation Group has established secure RON position along with K9 contingent.
Plan dawn assault on objective "K" and will fix local elements in place as the anvil for IN's eastern hammer movement 23Jan.

Little resistance expected as locals are heavily engaged in supplicating their deities for the salvation of their Ursae unit, also facing a Northern onslaught 23Jan on their Soldiering Field.

White Rook out.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

dragonfly

Quote from: Cooper on January 22, 2011, 12:29:12 AM
Checkmate King 2, this is White Rook, over.

Go ahead, White Rook.

Have penetrated into the land of the Illinnoying.
Studies and Observation Group has established secure RON position along with K9 contingent.
Plan dawn assault on objective "K" and will fix local elements in place as the anvil for IN's eastern hammer movement 23Jan.

Little resistance expected as locals are heavily engaged in supplicating their deities for the salvation of their Ursae unit, also facing a Northern onslaught 23Jan on their Soldiering Field.

White Rook out.

IL is now part of MN. Cooper you ROCK  **) **) **) **) **) **) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :D :D ;) 

D-fly  Keeping the Faith   @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

Checkmate King Two, this is White Rook, over.

Succeeded infiltration and egress of objective "K3" with minimal resistance and no friendly casualties.
T 4F am, 21F pm; overcast at 1.5K; lt sn throughout the day, vis 2K; unable to establish contact with Covey.
K9 contingent successfully countered onslaughts from much larger units and can hold her tail high.

Indigenous agents ewald and 2thdoc assisted in subliminal messaging to Illinnoying attendees to proceed north to Objective Racine for further training.

Curiously, Rifledog attracted much more traffic to the table than the M1 Garand.  I suspect it had something to do with local culinary practices, based on multiple comments regarding "isn't she sweet?" accompanied by lip smacking.  No other Garands observed in the AO at this juncture.

Anticipate strong counterattack at dawn by KD expert from the King George 63rd Regt, will fix in place for AB's eastern hammer maneuver around noon.  Expect that resistance will rapidly dissolve as their vaunted Ursae engage the meat processors from behind the Cheddar curtain.  Will use the diversion to exfil back through the land of Red Arrows and Red Bulls to the frozen north.

RON location secured with Clays and trips.  Watch that seventh step, it's a doozy.

"For those that have almost died, life has a special sweetness that the protected will never know."

White Rook, over and out.

Castle Mountain

Warning Cooper !!
warning  Cooper                                                      warning    Cooper                         warning  Cooper
While doing your recon mission make sure to scope out the Pappy man cave. Overwhelming potential
for a counter offensive would be lurking to greet you. Suggest arriving in stealth mode wearing a ghilli suit treated
with skunk scent. :D
Forward observation will include barking wolf hound to greet  you with an invite to dinner in the forrest.
Recent intel suggests you will not be held hostage as Illinoisians don't practice such.  
They are known to take no prisoners as Illinois budgetary constraints rule. However, Mn will be lucky to get
you back after it is all said and done.  
Further caution, terminology of land of suck is a 'misnomer' intended to obscure it's effectiveness.
Warning any cross boarder raider that may be the slightest obesequious in nature will not survive
positive engagement in this state but will be assured to  hopelessly succumb to Illinois conversion.

Translation?  "transgressors travel troublesome treks to tribulation truly. :P

Pawn to King's Bishop 4 and then the Rye Lopez move and then checkmate O0

Thanks for stepping out.  O0

CM   ;)

Quote from: Cooper on January 22, 2011, 08:41:54 PM

Succeeded infiltration and egress of objective "K3" with minimal resistance and no friendly casualties.
T 4F am, 21F pm; overcast at 1.5K; lt sn throughout the day, vis 2K; unable to establish contact with Covey.
K9 contingent successfully countered onslaughts from much larger units and can hold her tail high.

Indigenous agents ewald and 2thdoc assisted in subliminal messaging to Illinnoying attendees to proceed north to Objective Racine for further training.

Curiously, Rifledog attracted much more traffic to the table than the M1 Garand.  I suspect it had something to do with local culinary practices, based on multiple comments regarding "isn't she sweet?" accompanied by lip smacking.  No other Garands observed in the AO at this juncture.

Anticipate strong counterattack at dawn by KD expert from the King George 63rd Regt, will fix in place for AB's eastern hammer maneuver around noon.  Expect that resistance will rapidly dissolve as their vaunted Ursae engage the meat processors from behind the Cheddar curtain.  Will use the diversion to exfil back through the land of Red Arrows and Red Bulls to the frozen north.

RON location secured with Clays and trips.  Watch that seventh step, it's a doozy.

"For those that have almost died, life has a special sweetness that the protected will never know."

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

Quote from: Castle Mountain on January 22, 2011, 08:55:42 PM

Aware of risks, vide "Kankakee GS" thread, including additional forces deploying to the forest redoubt.

The Ruy Lupez often falls to the Queen's Gambit and the White Horseman of the Apocalypse. 
Castle, Queen's side.

It's hard to catch a DAR with a DAR with her guard down.

Hail! and well met!

Cooper

Blue Five

Quote from: Cooper on January 22, 2011, 08:41:54 PM

Curiously, Rifledog attracted much more traffic to the table than the M1 Garand.  I suspect it had something to do with local culinary practices, based on multiple comments regarding "isn't she sweet?" accompanied by lip smacking.  No other Garands observed in the AO at this juncture.

Anticipate strong counterattack at dawn by KD expert from the King George 63rd Regt, will fix in place for AB's eastern hammer maneuver around noon.  Expect that resistance will rapidly dissolve as their vaunted Ursae engage the meat processors from behind the Cheddar curtain.  Will use the diversion to exfil back through the land of Red Arrows and Red Bulls to the frozen north.

RON location secured with Clays and trips.  Watch that seventh step, it's a doozy.

Love it.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Castle Mountain

Take this Cooper: ;D

Queen's Gambit Declined, Albin Counter Gambit (D08)  1 d4 d5 2 c4 e5

There's no deathblow by you but Qh4-e4 forces the regaining of the Pawn (e5) and leaves White with an isolated e3 and some remaining initiative.

Alternatively Nc6/Nf3/Bg4 transposes into another good line for Black with similar themes.

You loose! ^:)^ and shall be captured as an Illinois prisoner and guest. &)
This move is just for you...........  .........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You are toast!  (see image below) **)

Quote from: Cooper on January 22, 2011, 10:08:54 PM
Quote from: Castle Mountain on January 22, 2011, 08:55:42 PM

Aware of risks, vide "Kankakee GS" thread, including additional forces deploying to the forest redoubt.

The Ruy Lupez often falls to the Queen's Gambit and the White Horseman of the Apocalypse.  
Castle, Queen's side.

It's hard to catch a DAR with a DAR with her guard down.

Hail! and well met!

Cooper
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

Quote from: Castle Mountain on January 22, 2011, 11:26:14 PM

You loose! ^:)^

Loose, indeed... what a Freudian slip of the keyboard!

You are toast!  

Should the "broken arrow" call go out, the joys of generous jellied petrol has the last say...

[apologies to trouble for stealing her avatar]

Castle Mountain

What you want to burn the toast? **)  As they say in France.....Touche ..:..

Cooper

I Scaramouche shall have the last say in this matter   **)  and that is....."touche"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oABf9GOJiM
and let this be a warning to the bunch of ye brigands  ;D  Illinonis? Why don;t ye try and come and take it? &) :)

CM ::)

Quote from: Cooper on January 22, 2011, 11:57:05 PM

You loose! ^:)^

Loose, indeed... what a Freudian slip of the keyboard!

You are toast!  

Should the "broken arrow" call go out, the joys of generous jellied petrol has the last say...

[apologies to trouble for stealing her avatar]

Two Wolves

Cooper, you ROCK !!!  :bow:

This Marine wants to be on your team.  O0
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Cooper

Quote from: Two Wolves on January 23, 2011, 12:48:13 PM
Cooper, you ROCK !!!  :bow:

This Marine wants to be on your team.  O0

2W:

Thank you for the compliments, but be careful of what you wish for.

Most of my RT didn't come back, and I shouldn't have -- but God has plans that we cannot comprehend, and I've been blessed with several lives since then.

I never ran with a jarhead, but I look forward to running with you on the AS trail in the future.

I'll bet I can guess which of the two you fed today...  good choice.   O0

Cooper

Cooper

ATTENTION!             ATTENTION!         ATTENTION!              ATTENTION!
THIS IS THE LAST IN A SERIES OF "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-STYLE FORUM POSTS, INTENDED FOR TONGUE-IN-CHEEK HUMOR AND ENTERTAINMENT AND IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO DEPICT, REPRESENT OR IMPLY ANY OPERATIONS OF THE APPLESEED PROJECT OR THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION.

IF CAUGHT OR KILLED, FRED WILL DISAVOW ANY KNOWLEDGE OF MY ACTIONS (but hopefully he will see the humor in it and have a little chuckle)

AAR: Border Raid, Objective K3, Land of the Illinnoying

A free GS table was offered for AS use in the Land of Lincoln, but Illinnoying personnel were opting to decline the offer due to core personnel fatigue and inability to appoint volunteers from reserve components.  Appleseed Mission in IL faced compromise and lost opportunity for 7th stepping.  MN-based White Rook boarder raid unit and K9 contingent mobilized to help save the Nation through actions meeting or exceeding Appleseed standards. 
ROE: no fratricide, minimize expenditure of AS resources, humorous harrassment and provocation of guilt in couch-bound 'Seeders allowed within partially-relaxed CPR criteria.

Mission objectives
Save pride of Appleseed Project
7th step at every opportunity, meet Great Lakes Region personnel
Mobilize previously inactive personnel in IL AOR
Secure GS booth supplies from indigenous resources and supplement via AIO
Test MN resources through EDRE (Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise)
Compensate for lack of available AS shoots in the the northern Midwest AO on a perfectly good weekend of double-digit subzero temperatures

Commander's intent
Tease, taunt and provoke sufficient sense of guilt in Couch-bound IL 'seeders to generate volunteer activity and save face for IL AOR.
Coordinate with indigenous agents to ensure that Natl and IL literature meets or exceeds AS standards for 7th step operations in the GS setting.
Locate and secure a RON position within the region of operations amenable to K9 contingent bivouac.
Exfil AOEmployment, load "Seedmobile" with sufficient supplies for METL, and successfully execute ground insertion under cover of night.
Avoid draconian IL laws that infringe on the 1st and 2nd Amendments rights of American citizens.

OPFOR commander's intent
Keep IL 'seeders on the couch and allow continued erosion of citizen's rights.
Disrupt infil and/or exfil of border raiding party.
Prevent coordination of IL/IN/MN components.
Lull populace into "Chips and Circus" coma through nationally-televised Gladiator contest.

Relevant TTP's
Plan ahead, but prepare to Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.
Accomplish the Appleseed Mission, never give up, never quit, never leave a fallen 'seeder.

Summary of events and key issues:
Veni, vidi, vici, vamoosed after successful GS 7th stepping, no fratricide or friendly casualties.
Volunteer efforts of Ewald, 2thdoc, George63 and IN border raider AuntieBellum combined for effective dissemination of Appleseed Message and AS opportunities throughout the Land of the Illinnoying, while also providing diversion for exfil of MN raiding team.
Successfully met with local Elder "The Pappy," presenting a friendship gift of several rds .50BMG and receiving box of 45cal semi-wads in return.  Given tour of tribal production facilities and resources with only minimal self-humilation by excessive salivation.  Garand Poobah appears to have indulged in excessive bore solvent ingestion and did not arrive at the rendezous location to effect IL's planned prisoner snatch.

Areas of improvement needed
Less than adequate success in mobilizing couch-bound IL 'Seeders, despite use of aggressive harrassment, humiliation and guilt-provocation.  This is likely the result of the IL populace being constantly exposed to aggressive harrassment, humiliation and guilt-provocation by their draconian statutes and civil-disservants.

Closing comments
Overall a very successful operation, with effective face-saving for the Appleseed Project, advancement of the Appleseed Mission through 7th stepping at a busy IL GS, and efficient completion of a MN EDRE.

ATTENTION!             ATTENTION!         ATTENTION!              ATTENTION!
THIS IS THE LAST IN A SERIES OF "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-STYLE FORUM POSTS, INTENDED FOR TONGUE-IN-CHEEK HUMOR AND ENTERTAINMENT AND IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO DEPICT, REPRESENT OR IMPLY ANY OPERATIONS OF THE APPLESEED PROJECT OR THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION.

IF CAUGHT OR KILLED, FRED WILL DISAVOW ANY KNOWLEDGE OF MY ACTIONS (but hopefully he will see the humor in it and have a little chuckle)

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison