News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hubertus WI Jan 8 2011

Started by JoeZ, January 08, 2011, 11:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

I think this was a winter shoot but someone forgot to tell the shooters! 100% riflemen!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Yes there were only 3 shooters but only one was a repeat and all three took instruction very well and it showed. The shot groups on squares in the morning shrank right down to 4 moa or less and the sight corrections tracked perfectly. Even though there were only three, what a joy to teach. I must thank the students for this day, as I am proud to be your instructor. I hope to be on the line when you guys go to the full 500 yds.

I think it was cold out but someone forgot to tell the instructors. Thank you men for your efforts and I'm glad to have you around. We had a good crew, well prepared and ready to teach. We only went inside one time and that was for lunch, 2nd and 3rd strike as well as the benediction were all outside. Maybe we didn't know it was only 5 degrees with windchill. The wind chill that started to tear down the target line. I hope we got a picture of the chain we used to hold the line in place (Gumballhead had Scrooge like flash backs lugging it around ???)

I think it was cold out and I could tell because John the reporter from the West Bend Daily was there and shivering a bit. I hope a very friendly RWVA staff and shooters translates into a good article.

All in all we had a good shoot and I hope too see more of you three before too long. Pics will follow.

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

WOW 100% Riflemen, that is most excellent  O0 Congrats to the new Riflemen  :~

See you on the trail,
D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

SavageShootr

Great Job!! Congratulations to all of the new Riflemen!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

ahhshoot

Congrats to the Riflemen. And to the Instructors!
The past is only the future with the lights on.

SkyHawk

Congratulations riflemen, look forward to seeing you on the trail!  Way to go JoeZ and crew!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Muskyjerk

Chris Z

I forgot my cord/cable to hook my phone to the computer so pics will have to wait till tomorrow, sorry.

cz

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone,

Such a good time.

Thank you all for coming out and joining us on this sunny day!  Congratulations to our 3 new riflemen!  I hope to see some orange hats soon...

As for the chains, yes, they were quite large, I couldn't help but think of Jacob Marley!

I thank you again for your warm hospitality for a flatlander!

See you again soon!!

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Chris Z

There appears to be a problem with 3 of the other pictures I took,  so here is all i can figure out how to post.

there pictures...so it did happen.

My appologies to the three riflemen your picture recieving your badge is one of the ones I cannot get to work. 

cz

JoeZ

We did make it in the news. Front page of Sunday's Hartford Times Press is a full page picture of a few shooters and a caption to go with. There is no article but the caption mentions history lessons as well as marksmanship and the Boone Club but they don't mention Appleseed. Oh well :)
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

ahhshoot

Better than nothing. Or a negative review.  ::)
The past is only the future with the lights on.