News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colorado Success

Started by Crazy Tim, January 13, 2011, 10:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Tim

We all know that we want to build the Appleseed Program in Colorado.

What are the two most obvious ways to accomplish this?

Add more participants and add more ranges to hold our events.

We all carry out the "low tech" way and speak to people and spread the word of our mission.

But how can we really push our mission to a whole new level?

A possible answer might be the Tanner Gun Show.  Almost every month, this gun show draws approximately 500 display tables.  And cost for a table is less that $100.00.

There is a show later this month on January 29th and 30th.  I am willing to pay for the table from my own funds at the show, but would appreciate volunteers to help man the table.

Additionally, it would be really good for advertisement to display a M1 Garand to show the opportunity to purchase a $1000.00 classic rifle for $500.00.  This might really draw people to our table.  Can anyone help out and supply a display model?

Come on Colorado, is the Appleseed project as important to spread to the public as much to you ans it is to me?

esaabye

Tim,

I have sat this table with Franktown_Kid in the past.  It does generate some interest but may I suggest you hold until we have some summer shoots on the schedule. People have short memories, hit them when they have a shoot to sign up for rather then ask them to check back later..

Rich (Franktown) has a banner and we posted fliers and targets, handed out redcoats (need to print shoot and contact info on the backs) and displayed an M1.

Timing on this does not work for me but in coming months I can take a turn and maybe bring a M1.

hawkhavn

Now is a good time to be talking with Club members or landowners about getting shoots set up at their range.

Repetition is a key to getting the message out to the masses.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Long Rifle

We are in contact with ranges as I write this. I'm going to a club meeting on saturday with oneshot_onehole to schmooze and get the OK for 6 shoots at a new range. We are going to double the number of shoots for this year at another range. We're on it.

Our hope is by having more dates for folks to choose from that they'll be more likely to come to a shoot. I still think the best advertising is word of mouth. It works in my business really well and I believe it works at Appleseed as well. All the more reason to work hard to make sure people get inspired and have fun.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

quietman

Can I suggest having displays with testimonials. I can give some pics of how I shoot now and some pics of old targets to show the difference. And the difference is HUGE after only one appleseed.

Xeyed

When you sign up for the show.

Talk to the reservation people first.

Many shows will comp a free booth to Non-Profit groups to fill the hall up. Better than an empty table and they get a Tax break as a donation.

Be ready with a quick elevator speech and see what happens.

You might be surprised. Once you establish that you will pay it will be harder to get it for free later.

You might be able to save a $100.00 for ammo or something else that catches your eye at the show.

Have a great show.

Be sure to take pictures and post an AAR. Here is one from our first show.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16662.0

X

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Crazy Tim

I agree that it might be good to wait until we have our 2011 schedule in place.  I am looking to attend Golden Gun Club introduction meeting next month and possibly join.  Hopefully it will be a foot in the door to hold an AS event.

Good recommendations from all.  Let's keep thinking!

Tim