News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iowa Resource..

Started by Garand69, January 21, 2011, 11:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

I don't remember if I have seen this here before so I figured I would post it.

http://iowahighpower.com/index.htm

A lot of info regarding Iowa Ranges that host Highpower events, plus links to Iowa related issues and a forum. It is a bit dated, but you may find a good contact or two out of it. O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Cooper

Thanks for posting this, Garand 69!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Whisker

Spoke to the president of the Des Moines Rifle and Revolver club today... They're the only range in Iowa with 600yards, so he says.  Anyway, he isn't interested in opening up the club to outsiders.  Apparently the club voted to keep it closed to outside events from April to October, and military uses it after October.  He sounded regretful, but matter of factly of it being just how it is.  Anyway, I'm following up with an email that he'll hopefully pass around to the club to test the waters. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

dragonfly

Quote from: Whisker on January 22, 2011, 03:34:19 PM
Spoke to the president of the Des Moines Rifle and Revolver club today... They're the only range in Iowa with 600yards, so he says.  Anyway, he isn't interested in opening up the club to outsiders.  Apparently the club voted to keep it closed to outside events from April to October, and military uses it after October.  He sounded regretful, but matter of factly of it being just how it is.  Anyway, I'm following up with an email that he'll hopefully pass around to the club to test the waters. 

How about Feb. or March or even a one day to get us in the door  :cool2:

D-fly    Keeping the faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

loves2hunt59

Thank you G69,  looks like lots of opportunity.  Anyone near these ranges who might get a chance to do local contact?

Whisker

How about Feb. or March or even a one day to get us in the door  :cool2:

D-fly    Keeping the faith

Hoping so.  I wrote a killer email. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

JustJeff

Quoteand military uses it after October.
umm..... anyone else see this and have a lightbulb appear above their heads??????
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Yankeedutch

I am glad to see some new ideas for Iowa.  I plan to contact the Colfax Sportsman's club (20 minutes East of DSM) and the Marion County Sportman's Club (60 minutes SE of DSM).  Both have 200 yard rifle ranges. 

JJ are you suggesting a military AS?  That would be cool.  How do we go about setting that up?

I live in Des Moines and would love to see more central Iowa shoots.  So far it has been Winterset and Ames, I believe.  Who else lives in central Iowa?  Does anyone have suggestions for ranges?  Des Moines is ripe for picking new Apples.

Hey Vic, do we have dates for the other Iowa shoots yet?  Especially Winterset?  Do we have anything on April 16-17 yet?

Thanks G69 for sparking this thread.  Now there's a Rifleman who can cook!

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

JustJeff

Quote from: Yankeedutch on January 22, 2011, 11:09:08 PM

JJ are you suggesting a military AS?  That would be cool.  How do we go about setting that up?

Contact SamD, and he can tell you what you need to get the ball rolling.  Or maybe one of the others who've set one up will chime in....... 
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.