News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois IBC----Not what you expect !!

Started by EEL, November 10, 2010, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Hello all,
Just a quick note on the upcoming IBC in Ottawa Jan 15-16-17, 2011.  NO!   It won't be what you expect    :o

It will NOT be your run-of-the-mill IBC.
It will NOT be 3 days of prone / seated / standing position.
It will NOT be 3 days of steady hold factors.
It will NOT be 3 days of how to sling up properly.

Yes, we will have to quickly, quickly  ;) cover these as part of the IBC POI to make things "legal".  But let's face it, you're gonna learn this out on the trail.    ~~:)

The Guy wants to focus on:

How to tell the strikes.
How to reach your shooters.
How to do a good benediction.
How to effectively get thru IMC....and have the students get it!
How to instruct the KD component.
How to use "tact" when instructing students.

AND SHOOT!!  Yes, on Monday (maybe a few on Sunday too) we will head out to Waterman and shoot at distance on steel.  SO BRING WARM CLOTHES, BOOTS, YOUR SHOOTIN' IRON, AMMO, AND SOME BINOS.  EVERYONE SHOOTS!!!  NO PANSIES!

Make sure you and your rifle are "well regulated".  Study up on your strikes.  Start thinking about how you would do a benediction.  Brush up on IMC.  Jot down a problem you've had on the line.  Start thinking come-ups.

Get signed on and contact Pappy for further info.  See you there!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Yankeedutch

Hey Iowa,

I am heading East to Illinois for the IBC next weekend and would like to carpool.  I anyone else going?
This should be a great time.  I could use some Iowa help.  :sos:

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Pappy

Hello Group; Its great to see our western Brothers from IOWA Boarder raiding East!!!!!!!! Every ONE is welcome here Trust me this is not going to be the Normal put you ta sleep-- heard it all before toomany times IBC... Make the trip You will have a great time. There is still plenty of room. Bring your Cot and bed roll and over nite kit for your own comfort, We will be indoors at the Masonic Lodge..   Hope to see you there, Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..