News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

APPLESEED ~ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE & ELIMINATE THE NEGATIVE~

Started by Castle Mountain, January 12, 2011, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade.
So remember this story the next time someone who knows nothing and cares less tries to make your life miserable.

Anybody remember that Bing Crosby song?         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45EB4TiYz4

Castle Mountain

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband..
She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:

"  Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there?  
It's crowded and dirty.. You're crazy to go to Rome .

So, how are you getting there?"  

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"    

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser.." That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly,
and they're always late.

So, where are you staying in Rome ?"  

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's Tiber River called Teste."    

"Don't go any further.. I know that place.
Everybody thinks it's gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. You and a million other people trying to see him.
He'll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."  

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .  
"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes,
but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class..
The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.    
And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodelling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city.
They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"  

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."    

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican , a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained
that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope
would personally greet me.    

Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really!  What'd he say ?"    

He said: "Who ruined your hair?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45EB4TiYz4

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gopher Boy

A simple Joke that brings so much into prespective.

We are here to Save Illinois and the country.

I for one can say....  If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things.  It's not going to be easy, but we need to stay possitive.

G.B.

Castle Mountain

Say what can a hairdresser do for a guy who has a four inch part????     ^:)^      :sos:       ^:)^

Quote from: Gopher Boy on January 12, 2011, 02:01:08 PM
A simple Joke that brings so much into prespective.

We are here to Save Illinois and the country.

I for one can say....  If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things.  It's not going to be easy, but we need to stay possitive.

G.B.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in