News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Re: GUNSHOW THREAD

Started by AFTERMATH, January 07, 2011, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Quote from: FreedomV on January 07, 2011, 12:28:57 PM
OK, At this point I will just plan to attend with AS t-shirt on and visit tables and 7th step- I have some handouts and redcoat targets that I can hand out/ use up.  I am interested in purchasing 200 more trifolds for promoting in 2011 or should I Just have a 2011 flier printed locally when it is posted?

Sometimes this is just as good! 
Have you ever seen those guys who walk around with a rifle with a for sale flag on it?
Perhaps you could have one with a 'Learn to shoot it' flag.  O0

We've got tons of tri-folds still; the problem is they don't reflect the price-change.

Quote from: vmt193 on January 07, 2011, 02:02:41 PM
We should be getting a new updated handout for 2011. Aftermath and I will let everyone know when we get them in.

vmt

Perhaps we should brain storm a low-cost, high efficiency means of ammending our current stash to meet the new terms.
Any ideas?  Because I still have a significant amout; and I'd hate to waste them.  I had every intention on getting them out; but event and circumstance have left me with a surplus.

Any ideas?

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 07, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: FreedomV on January 07, 2011, 12:28:57 PM
OK, At this point I will just plan to attend with AS t-shirt on and visit tables and 7th step- I have some handouts and redcoat targets that I can hand out/ use up.  I am interested in purchasing 200 more trifolds for promoting in 2011 or should I Just have a 2011 flier printed locally when it is posted?

Sometimes this is just as good! 
Have you ever seen those guys who walk around with a rifle with a for sale flag on it?
Perhaps you could have one with a 'Learn to shoot it' flag.  O0

We've got tons of tri-folds still; the problem is they don't reflect the price-change.

Quote from: vmt193 on January 07, 2011, 02:02:41 PM
We should be getting a new updated handout for 2011. Aftermath and I will let everyone know when we get them in.

vmt

Perhaps we should brain storm a low-cost, high efficiency means of ammending our current stash to meet the new terms.
Any ideas?  Because I still have a significant amout; and I'd hate to waste them.  I had every intention on getting them out; but event and circumstance have left me with a surplus.

Any ideas?

Alex

You know, you could just put a mailing label over the price box-either leaving it blank or do mass printing off of Microsoft Word with an updated price...that way we don't have to trash them all.

I was considering doing that with some of the ones we have here for Professor Gun's Hunter Safety classes and the gun show here in La Crosse.

Just an idea.

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 07, 2011, 11:01:21 PM
That would work.
What would be the cost of something along them lines?
Preferably in a format that is relatively appealing?  (gotta do some justice for those pretty flyers.)

Hmm....well, you'd have to check and see what a pack of the mailing labels would cost at your local Kmart, Walmart, etc. And you would also have to factor in the cost of ink...depending on the number of tri-folds.  $14.84 for a pack of 300 labels that are an inch by 2 5/8 inches from Walmart.  And then the price of ink cartridges if you go through so many.

A color scheme MIGHT be able to be devised using Microsoft Word (I'd have to check that, not sure) so that it matches the coloring of the rest of the brochure.

Another question for ya Aftermath, which part would we be covering up?  Just the "Free-Women, under 21, and active military attend free of charge"?

Nathan

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 07, 2011, 11:50:17 PM
QuoteAnother question for ya Aftermath, which part would we be covering up?  Just the "Free-Women, under 21, and active military attend free of charge"?

Good question....  I don't have one with me.  Just handed out the last of my pocket stash...
Anyone else have one on hand?  I would assume, that's all we need to cover.  But if all or part, would work better. We can come up with something/
B5; do you want to head up this project?
I should be able to spin this onto another thread.

I've got to go tonight, but post here if you want the assignment.

Alex

I have a few here in my file cabinet...a couple I got with my shooting jacket I was saving.  We could cover the entire box that has the three different rows specifying the 70 dollar, 45 dollar, and FREE section.

I wouldn't mind heading up the project, I just need to know if you want a blank label put on the box or a printed label with the correct information over it...I can head out to Office Max or Walmart tomorrow and see if I can get some to play with.  If you want them printed, I can make up a Word document and upload it here onto Appleseed so that everyone can print it off and stick on over the box with the correct labels.

If you need to email me with any more details, you can.

Nathan

Blue Five

I figured out a label that will work, however it will have to cover up the two bottom rows of the price box...I can type up corrections to that section and create a template that other AS-ers can use for their tri-folds by simply printing it out.

Blue Five

Aftermath, I have a label template made up...I dropped you an email at your appleseed email address with it.

B5

Cal 7.62

Do you think I could have a copy of that label template? Maybe it'll work for our Califonia trifolds.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Blue Five

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on January 09, 2011, 02:19:39 PM
Do you think I could have a copy of that label template? Maybe it'll work for our Califonia trifolds.

Cal,

Just a warning that Aftermath hasn't fully approved them yet, but I believe I have them down pat.  If you drop an email to me at BlueFive.wi@gmail.com , I can send you that template with instructions on what labels to use.

Nathan