News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru CA January 8-9, 2010

Started by Dano, January 09, 2011, 11:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

It was another nice weekend at the home range in Piru California. Ten patriots braved the cold to make it on Saturday. Sunday when the weather really got cold we had three people return. I am glad to see we have the Winterseed patches in stock; it was at least 55° on Saturday and a little colder on Sunday. In the morning the dew on the Easy Ups had frost on them. I would have taken pictures but it melted before I could find my camera!

All kidding aside it was a great weekend no Riflemen were made; a few were getting very close.. Pete finished Sunday with a high of 205 with a 98 in the Slow Fire Prone! Well done Pete!. Quentin a returning Appleseeder came in with a 183, along with Colby a new Appleseeder who showed great improvement and shot a 183 also. Ben Quintin brother was also shooting solid 150's.

Jill and Sujin were both Saturday only shooters who did very well. Sujin cleared the red coat on Saturday afternoon with groups that could be covered by a dime! Hopefully they will both come back to another Appleseed.

Doug DJ and Jack came out to learn new skills and did a great job on Saturday.

And one of the highlights of the weekend was promoting Mr. Pete to a Red Hat!1 Well done Mr. Pete.

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the cold and made the weekend a success!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

HollywoodMarine

BBBBRRRRRRRR!!! That looks cold!  ;D
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

colycat

Tell everyone that the white on the ground was snow and not sand.  You will then have earned the winterseed patch ^:)^

Great job, BTW
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

SavageShootr

It does kinda look like snow.

Great report Dano! Thanks

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Justin

Congratulations Mr. Pete. Well done! I love that perfectly timed musket picture!! Great picture Dano!
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Johnnyappleseed

Great job handling this "frostyseed" Dano ^5

Congratulations and welcome aboard Mr Pete.

The founders were smiling down these January days . HUZZAH
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

MrPete   Nice Hat!!!

Congratulations. Looking forward to working with you one day.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

LayloPro

Yay!! For Mr Pete!!  O0 O0 O0

Positive proof that applied dedication and determination can get you "quickly" into a RI hat..... ::) :o :bow:

Looking forward to working more with you as the year progresses.....Great job!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

artkat2

I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Mr Pete

What a great way to kick off the New Year.

My highlights:
753x0 sharpened his skills by cleaning the Red Coats with a 30 cal.  My aging eyes are jealous.
It is always good to see RBC classmates like Texas Tim and Ducky.

Pete was so close,, just a little bit more trigger control and I'm sure he will hit 210.  In the very least he hit his personal goal of being a better shooter. 
Juli and Sujin were "out of the box" great.
Doug, DJ and Jack did well and it is nice to see more of America's youth on the line.
Since Quentin's first Appleseed to now, it is fantastic to have witnessed that steady improvement.
Colby and Trevor did very well for their first time out.  Maybe we use a little too much of the cattle prod on Colby...
...naaa we probably didn't use enough.

I've been pondering an acceptance post with lofty words and lots of emotion but I think easiest is best:

I gladly take my place with those who teach people to appreciate a gift they did not earn, Freedom.
In Appleseed I am surrounded by some of the finest people I have ever met; from SB/RH/IITs to students I think our Forefathers would be proud. 
I look forward to working with you all in the future and meeting more of my new extended family.

Thank you,
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Freeman

Congrats Mr. Pete! Red looks good on you.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.