News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors in the news

Started by Rimshot, January 18, 2011, 05:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimshot

Quote from: yellowhousejake3) A interview, story, feature on every member of the Indiana staff in their home town news. Everyone, before the end of the year.

Someone had to be first.  AuntieBellum got featured in a series in the local paper about folks calling Rensselaer their hometown.  Her story appeared on page one and Appleseed got a big piece of the article.  Our paper doesn't offer full stories online, but here's the relevant bit:
Quote from: Rensselaer RepublicanPROJECT APPLESEED
"My husband and I spend a lot of time with a different organization called Project Appleseed.  It's a heritage and rifle marksmanship program.  We are both instructors for that.

"It's a nonprofit organization.  It host[sic] two-day events where people come out and we teach them how to shoot their rifle, how to use it safely, how to hit the target.  We relate it all back to the founding of our nation - all about the American Revolutionary war, the day it started (April 19, 1775).  We talk all about the big choices people had to make that day and how marksmanship was a big part of that - which is how they go together - and get people to think about how they need to stay involved today.

"It's all around the state, really.  There is nothing in Rensselaer yet because they're[sic] aren't any ranges.  But, it's close by - Rochester, Portage and Indianapolis."
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

SPQR

Everybody just get out of AuntieBellum's way!  She is going to get this thing straightened out! &)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Good job AB, now the we are all behind and need to get working too!
O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

TBE

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

AuntieBellum

Gotta love small towns - those buckets almost bail themselves.  All I had to do was agree to help a friend out when she needed someone to write an article on this week, and I got a chance to plug Appleseed in the process.  Now, I did have to let her run my high school senior yearbook picture along with the article...and I have a feeling that the whole thing will be posted up on the church bulletin board for the next year...but that really just means everyone at my church can read all about Appleseed for the rest of the year.   Newspaper subscribers: 2500 + church congregation of 200 = 2700 people 7th stepped in one go.  O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

:bow: This slacker is inspired by your ever-vigilant bar-raising pattern of 7th-steppin' get-up-n-go-get-'emness.

Nice job, AB.  O0

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

yellowhousejake

I need a copy and the email of the author! Pronto!

Great job.  ^:)^

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ