News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Start off the New Year right. It's a good day to shoot.

Started by Cyclops WY, January 01, 2011, 11:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops WY

;D  Right Now in Casper WY   ;D

Today Cloudy / Windy Mostly
2°F
Feels Like: -20°
Wind: From SSW at 22mph gusting to 31mph

Going out to shoot 3 or 4 Q and D AQT. Anyone want to join me?

Should be fun. ++)

Happy New Year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from shooting.  It was great.

Shot five Quick and Dirty AQT.

Not all were good but hell I wasn't on the couch.

Ruger 10/22 Open Tec sights: 192, and a 187-------tight groups just low and not on 4's and 5's for the prone position.

Ruger 10/22 4X scope:  225, 224, and a 238.  We got about 6 to 8 inches of snow.  The target on the video was the 238.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvYhvC4YozE

Cyclops_WY  Out.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Cyclops WY

That's right off the road at the narrows.  Coal Mt Road.  Not all the way down where all the trash is.  It's the first turn to the left.  You can see the highway from where I shoot.  Now do you recognize it?

Cyclops_WY
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

Wheeler44

I ended the year by leading an unofficial mini-appleseed yesterday...3 hours in 19 degrees with a strong wind and 82% humidity...Brrrrr....The good folks that attended were cold but happy....The essence of Appleseed.

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

ID_Hezekiah

21 showed up this morning for a "Frozen Chosin" here in Idaho Falls.  Bright and sunny, mild breeze and 0 degrees.  Course of fire - 4 minutes for an 80 yard run to firing position - 7 rounds ball from 1911A1 at F target at 40 yards, 16 rounds from M1 Garand at F target at 100 yds, full silhouette at 200 yards and full silhouette at 300 yards.  Botched my pistol shots - 2 hits of 7 shots, but with NPOA, breath control and trigger squeeze, "cleaned" my rifle shots prone in the snow with 6/6 at 300, and 5/5 at both 100 and 200. :))
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Momma Bear

Good shooting.
Bad Idea to get between a Momma Bear and her Cubs.

colonial shooter

Not too far from my house actually. Should have called, I would have met you there.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana