News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Important Change To 2011 Fee Schedule!

Started by The Machine, December 31, 2010, 08:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Machine

I'm throwing this out there for everyone to take notice of and spread around. There will be a NEW fee structure in place for 2011 relating to specific categories. If you have access, read about it here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19622.msg155710;boardseen#new

If any of you have flyers, brochures, or any other format where fees are listed, please modify to reflect the new changes.

Addendum: This change is in the process of being updated on our website, eventbrite, flyer downloads, etc. Just make sure any material you are working with reflects the current fee information, along with adjusting any mention of fees in any conversations or non-rwva.org/appleseedinfo.org venues.

UPDATE - Note: Effective 01/01/2011 a modest non-refundable registration fee will be charged.

Women: $10.00 registration fee for both days, $5.00 registration fee for one day.

Youth under 21: $5.00 registration fee for both days, $2.50 registration fee for one day.

Paying adult: the $70.00 fee includes the $10.00 non-refundable registration fee for both days. The $45.00 fee includes the $5.00 registration fee for one day.

Walk-on Fees:
Sat & Sun Women: $10
Sat & Sun Youth under 21: $5
One day only Women: $10
One day only Youth under 21: $5
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Old Dog

With all the "communicatin'" goin' on around here I'd have thought this one would have been shared at least a couple of months ago.

I'm seeing similar posts elsewhere in the forum where folks are trying to figure out how to straighten it out and keep from having issues with the public (current flyers, advertising efforts, handouts, etc. don't reflect the very recent change so all that stuff has to be gathered up and revised).

Imagine how it might have helped with numbers over the fall/early winter if folks would have known ahead of time that attending an Appleseed in 2010 would be cheaper than attending in 2011.

I know the decision was not made on the state or regional level and no criticism is meant there or higher.  Just a "wish" that improved communication might have helped folks out there 7th stepping rather than having them waste time trying to "catch up" and recover.

Have a good one up there. 
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

techres

Hang on everyone, the left hand and right hand will get together and it will all be fine.  Spend the night with your family and friends.  Get some relaxation now before 2011 starts on it's way.  Enjoy the rest while you can.

This can wait until tomorrow to get sorted out.

For now just "hold steady", there will be an update to everyone asap.

Techres 
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

The Machine

I can appreciate your feelings about this OD, apparently you aren't the only one with concerns about this. It's always of benefit to think things through and have all "ducks-in-a-row" before pushing the "Start" button, but most things in life don't seem to pan-out that way. I'll bet a lesson was learned and this situation won't be repeated in the future. As we are fond of saying, and even better at doing in AS, "improvise; adapt; overcome".  8)

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

featherblue

Quote from: The Machine on December 31, 2010, 08:54:55 PM
I'm throwing this out there for everyone to take notice of and spread around. There will be a NEW fee structure in place for 2011 relating to specific categories. If you have access, read about it here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19622.msg155710;boardseen#new

If any of you have flyers, brochures, or any other format where fees are listed, please modify to reflect the new changes.

Addendum: This change is in the process of being updated on our website, eventbrite, flyer downloads, etc. Just make sure any material you are working with reflects the current fee information, along with adjusting any mention of fees in any conversations or non-rwva.org/appleseedinfo.org venues.

How can I spread the news if the link above is "off limits" to me??? We've got hundred's of trifolds that are obviously not reflecting new pricing. Price increases in this area (Nevada) will not go over to well. (Twenty % + unemployed).  >:(

-fb

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

The Machine

Quote from: featherblue on December 31, 2010, 11:18:23 PM
Quote from: The Machine on December 31, 2010, 08:54:55 PM

How can I spread the news if the link above is "off limits" to me??? We've got hundred's of trifolds that are obviously not reflecting new pricing. Price increases in this area (Nevada) will not go over to well. (Twenty % + unemployed).  >:(

-fb

This post was targeted primarily toward our WV instructors, featherblue, that's why it's on the WV board. Nothing wrong with anyone else seeing it, however. Right now, I believe only instructors and perhaps some others at an advanced work level can see that thread. As techres stated, everyone will know about this shortly. I wanted to give our WV people a "heads up" in the meantime. Anyone can check this eventbrite link to see what's going on with the new fee structure: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1087581987

featherblue

Okay Machine. You're off the hook.  ;D Most of out here in fly-over land can't read anyway!!  ;)

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."