News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tanner Gun Show

Started by Crazy Tim, January 04, 2011, 12:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Tim

We have a great opportunity every month to advertise at the Denver Tanner Gun Show.  Why do we have no representation?  I have some good ideas to gather interest.  Anyone willing to follow?

RifleWoman

I think Franktown_kid was doing some of them, but I was there a few weeks ago and didn't see anything about Appleseed.  If you want to take it on I'm sure nobody will argue with you about it. I have a poster I'll donate to the cause and lots of handout stuff.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

RF

Want to rent a table?
I need to sell off a few rifles and would be happy to talk about Appleseed to anyone who will listen.
I usually wear an Appleseed shirt to the gun show but have not been there in a couple months.

The main thing I need is business cards for Appleseed.
Have a design I can print myself?
Celeste, Texas

RifleWoman

I have the bifold mini fliers, they are the size of a business card when folded and has a lot of AS info on them. If you have an ink jet you can add your name and address on them with a little tweaking.  I've done it but I don't have an inkjet anymore.  I can send some of those.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Crazy Tim

I go to the show pretty much every month.  It would be very effective if we had an M1 Garand to showcase and put up an advertisement of the opportunity to purchase a $1000 classic rifle for $500.

RF

I was thinking about selling my M1 at the gun show. The barrel is in poor shape but I can still barely shoot a Rifleman score with it. I think it is right around 3 to 4 minutes of angle accuracy. Not accurate enough to make me happy at all. Barely making 210 does not satisfy my in the least.
Need to make a best guess what it is worth. I am about to become unemployed.
Celeste, Texas

Crazy Tim

Hey RF,  How about donating your Garand for show only.  We could display it for our cause and bring in new members.

Crazy Tim

Hey riflewoman.  Would love to have whatever you have to contribute.

Crazy Tim

I would be willing to buy the table.  We  could display AS things as well as other memorabilia.  Would be very helpful to have an M1 Garand to display.

gpbbiker

Take some "already shot" AQT's with you! They generated at lot of interest and conversation at the Wichita KS show in Jan, as did our CMP display. People are always interested in seeing how "somebody else" shot a known target.
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

Crazy Tim

I don't have my FFL yet, but will in the next few months.  All firearms sales would require to get their background checks done up front of the Merchandise Mart.

Crazy Tim

Next show is January 29th and 30th.  Any volunteers for manning our table.  Also need brochures and banners.  Also would be great to have an M1 Garand to show off.  PM me if you want to volunteer and if you have info on procuring brochures and banners.

Crazy Tim

Come on, any volunteers? Come on Colorado!