News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leadville, CO Shoot August 27-28 2011

Started by TaosGlock, December 30, 2010, 10:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

We got it approved.  O0 BF and I will SB it so make plans if you want.
I will get this listed on the EIF soon but here is a quick heads up:

They have a gun show on Aug. 5,6,7 during their Leadville Boom Days where I am working on getting us a free 501C3 table to promo the shoot.
Here is the latest correspondence I just got:

Dan,
Thanks so much for contacting the Leadville Rod and Gun Club about the Appleseed Project.  We have tentatively scheduled the weekend of August 27 and 28, 2011 for the event.  We have acknowledge all of the clubs comitments listed below.  We have a 30 yard pistol pit and a 100 yd rifle range that may work well.  We do NOT have the best of facilities for camping.  We do have a parking area with electrical outlets that have worked for travel trailers.  We will solidify issues as the date draws nearer.
Thanks,
Ron Valentine
LR&GC Prsiedent
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oneshot_onehole

I'll signup when it gets on the schedule. It will be good to breathe some of that oxygen-free air.
Jim

Gordon

We've got 501-c(3) status for 7th-Stepping at a three day gun show, where there's a local Appleseed event three weeks later, all in a place where we've never been?

Outstanding. This is the kind of vision, planning, and hard work that allows us to maintain exponential growth.

Thanks for doing the work, TG and whoever else. Such posts are inspiring.

Prone to Knit

We are definitely on for the Leadville August 27-28 shoot. 

We have 4 instructors who will be up there this weekend to man the table the Leadville Rod & Gun Club provided free of charge at their annual gun show. This is held during the town's Boom Days celebration. They have 1200-1600 people attend the gun show.

If you'd like to attend the highest altitude shoot in the nation (10,102 feet) and don't mind gasping for breath, info and registration can be found at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22848.0

We have plenty of enthusiastic Colorado instructors who will be running this shoot.

Jim and Kim
CO State Coordinators

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Dutchman

My luck!  I just stumbled upon Appleseed and love the concept.  Already signed up for a five year membership in RWVA and then went looking for my first event to attend.  Would LOVE to make the Leadville event, but no way I can swing that with no time to prepare and only half of what I need.  Drats!

So my goal is to get to either Byers or Fountain in September.

Dutch

Prone to Knit

Dutch:

Do attend a shoot soon.  We'd love to have you. The Leadville event was FABULOUS! Watch for the After Action Report.

Kim
Jim and Kim Heath
CO State Coordinators
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org