News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WV's newest Red Hat

Started by brickhouse, December 20, 2010, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brickhouse

A hearty congrats to MacMcM on setting a new land speed record.... rifleman patch to red hat in 0.42 seconds... This particular Thundering Herd member is showing the 'eers how it's done.

BTW, what is the proper singular form of "Thundering Herd?" [  just curious......  it doesn't require a formal PM or anything   ^-^  ]

and.....
what happened to the Godfather of WV Appleseed? He is usually the first to know/ post/ and update all these promotions and things. Cripes he hasn't even updated the  WV members page yet, and it has been eight days?!  >:D
Let's all hope The Machine didn't get lost in the tomatoes!  ;D

Let's see, WV has gone from one red hat to six in the past six months! Not bad for a bunch of red necks!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Old Dog

Hillbillies can be slow to get stirred up but once they do they are single minded an will hold back nothing to accomplish their purpose. 

If you don't believe that just pay attention at the next coal miner's strike. @)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

brickhouse

Quote.... can be slow to get stirred up but once they do they are single minded an will hold back nothing to accomplish their purpose.

I think Ben Franklin said much the same thing about Americans and rattlesnakes. And that's why the rattlesnake was originally suggested as the emblem on the Gadsden Flag.

WV state motto: Montani Semper Liberi
(Mountaineers are always free)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

siglite

Congrats mac.  Truly.  You've earned it.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

BeSwift

Outstanding sir!  Congrats....   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Patent guy

Congratulations Mac,
I hope to see you on the trail.
Andy
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

Chrome

He's a red hat now?  I thought he just washed his orange hat with his red undies again.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

sgtmace

Go Mac!-GoMac!  ..:..
Congradulation my good man!
sgtmace
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

MacMcM

Quote from: sgtmace on December 21, 2010, 08:25:56 AM
Go Mac!-GoMac!  ..:..
Congradulation my good man!
sgtmace

Thanks Tim, Andy, BeSwift, Betsy, Sig, MS, OD, Chrome', vanrichten, Falcon, EZ3, The Machine, jmdavis, Woody, Doug (VAShooter)and hawkhavn & West.

Tim and siglite witnessed my "happy ..:.. dance" in the freezing rain when I shot Rifleman.

All of you have helped me get this far, and I hope you ALL will be around for a long time as I limp along the AS trail.

Merry Christmas
Mac  ..:..
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

The Machine

Brickhouse, I already congratulated Mac on the AAR, but you did a good job of taking the lead on the WV board.
Quotewhat happened to the Godfather of WV Appleseed? He is usually the first to know/ post/ and update all these promotions and things. Cripes he hasn't even updated the  WV members page yet, and it has been eight days?!  Evil
Let's just say, I've been indisposed for a few days.  :)

Once again...and you truly deserve it Mac...CONGRATULATIONS!! Thanks for everything you have done to make AS in WV continue on the path of success!  O0

"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

EZ3

Way to go, Mac!  Don't slow up, go for the green!    :~
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

MacMcM

Quote from: EZ3 on December 22, 2010, 07:09:09 PM
Way to go, Mac!  Don't slow up, go for the green!    :~
..:.. Congrats are in order for you too, Lee!  ..:..
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Spanner

Congratulations Mac!         OH YEAH!  ..:..  OH YEAH!

And it never hurts to have a spare Red Hat Instructor or two, in case one of the old ones break or gets lost on the way back from the porta-jonny.   :-\   (It happens more often than you think.)   :P

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Col. Morgan's Granddaughter

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, gosh darn MAC!  You made RED HAT and I wasn't paying attention and missed the excitement.   %)

Congratulations!!!  You will be an asset indeed.

I look forward to meeting again, maybe in my home town  :)

Cindi
Cynthia
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies.