News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

11 Year Old Albuquerque girl defends home with pink Crickett

Started by TaosGlock, December 20, 2010, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

A bit off mission but a change of pace for a minute...

Meet young Alyssa Gutierrez, a young Albuquerque girl who very much knows what she is all about. :~
She ran off three thugs then cleared the house CQB style with a Crickett!

Here is the jist of the story:
She was left alone for a bit while an older relative left home for errands. She told reporters she had just learned to shoot. Grabbed her moms Crickett.
She ran off 3 "rifle" armed masked thugs who were immediately caught by an off duty cops as they jumped the fence. @&)

So I am curious, does anyone know if she or her mom was at a local Appleseed, just wondering. :cool2:
They sound like the kind of family folks who usually attend.

Here is a quickie KRQE local Channel 13 vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiQQP4-Ijw&feature=sub

Here is the copy from the OP's link:

"Alyssa Gutierrez bravely defended her home and her life with her Mom's rifle. She was not going to end up, if she could help it, another victim of criminal violence. She first tried to hide from the criminal intruders, but when they discovered her, she ran quickly to a bedroom and retrieved her Mom's little pink single shot bolt action 22 caliber rifle to defend her home and life.

"My heart kept pounding and pounding" said brave little Alyssa. After she loaded the rifle she checked the bathroom and the living room to make sure that they were clear of the thugs. She then went to her Mothers closet with her loaded rifle in hand to call 9-11. "I was planning, if they came right next to me, I would shoot them," said Alyssa.

Luckily, for the slime ball intruders, they had already made their getaway out the back door of the house. But as bad luck would have it for the degenerate's, an off duty police officer who was driving by saw them jumping the fence and arrested them on the spot. So all ended well, the bottom dwellers were taken away thanks to the bravery of Alyssa Gutierrez.

The reason this story caught my attention is because earlier this year I bought my then 10 year old niece this very same rifle, except in black. And then the rest of the family and me went up to the mountains where I taught her how to shot it.

I hope that she never has to do what this 11 year old did in the video, but if she ever has to, she will be prepared."

Next time you see a pink rifle on the line this story will surely come to mind. ^-^
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

CplTurner

A young Rifleman in the making... Let's get her signed up!  Maybe we can pitch in for an EOTECH for her Crickett  :---

Young Alyssa, you are incredibly brave and we salute you!

CplTurner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

Josey Wales

.............the bravery of Alyssa Gutierrez..................

.........................................................Strength & Honor............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Gideon

Wow! I couldn't agree more with the prior sentiments. I am proud of Alyssa and her resolve under extreme duress.

Gideon

oladcock

Yep, she done good. I ran this on some other gun sites a few months ago along with a story from CA where a girl of similar age knew how to shoot but couldn't get to a gun because they were locked up according to CA law while bad guys killed a couple of her siblings. I'll see if I can find it. Meanwhile find this girl and get her to an AS! :)....O.L.

Here it is to show the stark contrast of outcome: http://www.lewrockwell.com/poe/poe1.html
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Devnull

Wow! That's a brave little girl! I'm surprised how calm and collected she is after the incident talking about it to the reporters.

I don't recognize her or the name, but I'll look though my records and see if she has attended an Appleseed here in Albuquerque. If not heck we need to find a way to invite her and her family!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

blackswamp becky

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Ronald Reagan