News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Does Appleseed work?

Started by 7.62er, January 17, 2011, 12:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7.62er

I started late getting my kids into the culture (their late teens).  But with a little work and three Appleseeds, my daughter in Air Force basic training, just placed the highest score out of the 200 other recruits on the firing line this week.  A 49 out of a possible 50.  1/8th of a inch cost her a perfect score. Daddy's little girl achieved Expert marksman.  And she has only fired the AR platform twice in her lifetime prior to this week.  I'm confident their scoring is not par with the AQT, but Daddy is still proud.  Just goes to show.......
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

7.62er

Quote from: colycat on January 17, 2011, 01:58:35 AM
God work Dad and Appleseed O0

Well, Appleseed gets the credit.  Dad just had the sense to take her.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

Texas Rifleman

OUTSTANDING !!!
Well done Dad !
And a big huzzah for your daughter !!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Ol Kev

Great story and much to be proud of on several levels!  O0
"Their guns are rifled barrels, and they fight in ambush, five hundred provincials would stop the march of five thousand regulars. And a whole army might be cut off, without knowing where the fire came from"
- Gentleman's Magazine, 1775
Americans have the right and advantages of being armed - unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
- James Madison, The Federalist Papers

vernic82

Sounds just like the experience of one of our IITs here in CT after he went off to AF Basic last year!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

plinker

I think any kind of good instruction carries over into a lot of disciplines.  In fact, doublell is turning into a pretty good pistol shooter as well - she aced the pistol league targets last night!