News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas CrossRoads Gun Show 12/11-12/12

Started by Xeyed, December 02, 2010, 01:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeyed

All,

We have a booth reserved for the December 11/12th Crossroads of the West Gun Show.  This is the big Quarterly show. This is one of the best ways to get students on the lines.

Weekend before Boulder City  event and a few weeks before our next Las Vegas Shoot.

Need some help staffing the booth.

Drop me a line if you can help. Don't have to be an Orange Hat/Red Hat to help out. If you've attended an Appleseed and want to help bail drop me a line or reply to this post.

Understand that this is the Holiday Season and everyone is busy.

Remember that George Washington crossed the Delaware December 25, 1776.

This will be easier.

You assistance is appreciated.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

SniperCat

Hi Xeyed,

Persistent_1 and I are only available on Sunday. 

I also attached the current flyer insert, half-sheet flyer, and tear sheets.  I have included the free registration for Veterens, which makes them good only until the end of the year.  I wiill need to update them anyway next year with new registration fees.    O0

If anyone sees anything that needs to be changed, please let me know as these are our current templates.

Thanks,
SniperCat
Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)

hawkhavn

Go get 'em folks, I'll be thinking of you in that warm and dry expo hall!
Get you 2 line 'elevator speech' warmed up now.

HH
Who will be on the line in Ashland, KY with a forecast of rain and snow...  :)
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Xeyed

Don't feel to bad for us, we have two events scheduled for the next month.

Two sentence Elevator speech. That's a Small Elevator.

"Hi, have you heard of the Appleseed Project? We are a nationwide, nonprofit volunteer organization that puts on Rifle Marksmanship and American Heritage Clinic's. And we have a couple events in the area coming up."

I need three sentences, how do you do it in two?

Xeyed

Found a longer version
                             An Appleseed Elevator Speech

shamelessly stolen from someone who got it from Bob 210

We are an all-volunteer, non-profit 501.c.3 organization that teaches rifle marksmanship clinics 
nationwide. 

We teach standing, sitting, and prone positions, we teach how to use a sling to steady your position, we 
teach the six steps of taking the shot, we teach Natural Point of Aim, we teach, inches to minutes of 
angle to clicks conversion so that you can adjust the sights on your specific rifle and we couple this 
with American Revolutionary War History, in particular, the events of April 19th 1775. 

Do you know what this date represents? 

This was the date of the battles of Lexington and Concord and the start of the Revolutionary War. We 
teach the heritage of what rifle marksmanship means to the beginnings of our country. We like to say 
we take American rifle owners and turn them into American Riflemen, we'll show you the difference 
and we'll teach you why that's important. 

We put somewhere between 400-500 rounds down range in a weekend and we do all this for 
$70/person. 

We do most of our shooting 25 meters and  our targets are scaled down to represent 100, 200,300, and 
400 yards. 

Why 25 meters? A couple of reasons. Number one, we go down range every 15 minutes or less to score 
targets and if we had to go full distance, we would kill the day walking. Number two, if you have 400-
500 rounds of 30-06 in the garage, then it's no problem. If you had to go out and buy it right now that 
could become cost prohibitive with they way ammo prices have gone up lately. Because we place our 
targets at 25 meters, you can now shoot the thing with a 22lr and for $15-$20 you've covered your 
ammo cost for the whole weekend. Another reason we picked 25 meters is that with a 30 cal rifle, a 
25meter zero is very close to a 200 yard zero, within a click or two, with a 223 roughly 300 yards and if 
we have a full distance range available we will show you what you learned at 25 meters applies at 200 
yards and beyond. 

Have you heard of the Civilian Marksmanship Program or the CMP? It's a program started by Teddy 
Roosevelt who thought it would be a good idea if U.S. citizen know how to shoot properly and to make 
surplus rifles and ammunition available to them for cheap. 

In order to qualify to purchase from the CMP, you have to be a citizen, you had to have attended a 
qualified rifle marksmanship course of 50 rounds or more and you have to be a member of an affiliated 
club. The Appleseed Program covers the marksmanship portion of this requirement and for the small 
sum of $20 you can join the RWVA for the year and that covers the club membership requirement. At 
that point, you can buy up 12 rifles a year from the CMP. They sell M1 Garands, M1 Carbines and 22 
training rifles and the ammunition for all of these rifles for about half of what you will see the same 
rifles, still in the CMP box it shipped in, at local gun shows.