News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru CA 1 K Club

Started by Dano, November 01, 2010, 08:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

Piru CA 1 K Club   

The following people have made a shot on the 1000-yard target at Wes Thompson Rifle Range during a Piru Boot camp. This is 30 inch round target (3 MOA).This shot is not easy since you are shooting up a canyon and the wind is usually coming from several different directions during the bullets path. On average most folks hit the target after about 5 sighters.

The only way to become a member is to Shoot the 1000 -yard target and have it witnessed by an orange hat or higher while at Piru. This gets you nothing more than bragging rights and small patch for the shooting jacket. Congratulations to those who made it this year. If I left anyone out, it was not intentional let me know and I will add you to the list.

2009 1K Club

Dano
Jacques
Desert Dog
ArtKat2

Zot
Justin
Texas Tim
Cowgirl Ducky

The only way to become a member is to Shoot the 1000 -yard target and have it witnessed by an orange hat or higher. This gets you nothing more than bragging rights and small patch for the shooting jacket. Congratulations to those who made it this year. If I left anyone out it was not intentional let me know and I will add you to the list

Dano.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Freeman

Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Dano

You beat me to it I just remembered I forgot to add Freeman. My most humble apology sir.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Freeman

Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

DesertDog

That was indeed an awesome day.  That's a good group to be a part of.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Zot

Hey All,

If you PM'd me with your address, patches were sent about 2 weeks ago and should have been received . We will have patches available at future qualifying events at PIRU.

If you did NOT receive your patches by now, please let me know.

Thanks,

Zot
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!  - Rudyard Kipling

artkat2

Allright, let's shake this cat out of the sack...

I didn't hit the 1K dish in '09  :'( (thanks for believin' in me Dano!)

I didn't shoot at it in '10, so...NO PATCH FOR ME!!

However...like the Babe pointing to the left center wall, like Namath drunkenly hitting on a sideline reporter err...I mean gauranteeing victory in Superbowl III...Like MacArthur vowing to, well you get the picture >:D

Next year that dish is gonna get it like a Red coat at the North bridge!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Pvt.Joker

Quote from: artkat2 on November 22, 2010, 10:48:22 PM
Allright, let's shake this cat out of the sack...

I didn't hit the 1K dish in '09  :'( (thanks for believin' in me Dano!)

I didn't shoot at it in '10, so...NO PATCH FOR ME!!

However...like the Babe pointing to the left center wall, like Namath drunkenly hitting on a sideline reporter err...I mean gauranteeing victory in Superbowl III...Like MacArthur vowing to, well you get the picture >:D

Next year that dish is gonna get it like a Red coat at the North bridge!

Truly, an amazing display of integrity! I might have been tempted to take the patch...
>:D

See you at the 1K range next year.
O0
"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."
-John Adams, in a letter to his wife, Abigail.