News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Stepping in the Ivy League?

Started by voidoid, December 01, 2010, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voidoid

A recent article in the Harvard Crimson highlighted the recent revival of a shooting club at the university:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/11/19/team-club-shooting-group/

I'm not sure what range they use, but this could be a great resource we could tap for new potential riflemen.  I work at MIT- we have a rifle team (students) and a club that I've not yet joined (pistol and rifle on a private range on the MIT campus).  I'll probably be joining in January once I've ironed out the membership details.

What's the best way to approach an organization vs. an individual to provoke interest in AS?  Do we have someone specific in MA that handles this?  We've got many schools around here that have rifle teams or clubs- they could be a huge asset and boost our numbers.  I'm happy to send info to the MIT people and I'd also be happy to contact Harvard but I thought I'd check and see if I'm overstepping my 7th stepping.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

lupis42

Careful, if you start getting more Harvard students, crak's going to have to watch those cracks about the Harvard grad who gave Lord Percy's men directions.  ;D

Seriously, I'll have to drop them a line.  I'm probably the closest thing to a Harvard Grad in AS in this area.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

vernic82

While it's not Ivy League - myself and Cortjestir have went directly to the student head of the UCONN Rifle & Pistol Club - now he's an IIT on the CT Instructor Crew!  While getting an "All UCONN Pistol & Rifle Club" AS has proven harder (due tho their range not lending it's self to position shooting), we certainly have had many of it's members attend AS's individually as AS info is regularly profiled in the Club's bi-monthly newsletter.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude