News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lacrosse Dec. 4 and 5

Started by dragonfly, November 24, 2010, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

This one is just around the corner folks. With a good chance of KD and an opportunity to earn that coveted Full distance and/or Winterseed Patch, don't miss it  :~ .

More info here; http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11240.0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Patriot Gal

Good morning Wisconsin!!

Castle Mountain and I will be doing a major border raid to Lacrosse for the weekend of the 4-5th.  CM is bringing his IPC to go through the paces with Mogget and we both are looking forward to having Mrs. JoeZ's wonderful patch on the back of our shoot jackets.

Keep the sunshine on for the weekend, Ok???
Ahhhh, it'll be great!!!  ^:)^

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed everyone!!
Patriot Gal   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

fepowered

What is the longest range for the KD Full Distance Course Of Fire at this shoot? 
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Mogget

fepowered

What is the score penalty for using optics at 600?  

.....edit...

I think I found it in the other thread.  It listed 10 point penalty for a "Match" rifle defined as any rifle with optics, match trigger, match barrel or match ammo....    
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Old Glory!

:sos:

As of today there are 8 pre-regs. 

Room for 27 more!   

What are our plans this week to promote this Appleseed?   What are YOU going to do to help fill this line? 

I'm going to PM the LaCrosse family/club members to see if they can help us out here.

PLEASE PICK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AND WORK ON IT FOR AN HOUR OR TWO THIS WEEKEND/WEEK.

Will someone check out the on-line community calendars/RADIO/TV/NEWSPAPERS for the area and post it?  (while you are at it, keep a list of these for future Appleseed promotion at LaCrosse/LaCrescent/Winona/etc ^-^)

Link to the information page and flyer at the bottom of the page here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11240.0

Search the internet and contact the local gun shops with flyers, and the information that VETERANS REGISTER IN THE FREE CATEGORY THROUGH THE END OF 2010.

Contact local Veteran's groups with flyers, and the information that VETERANS REGISTER IN THE FREE CATEGORY THROUGH THE END OF 2010.

See if there is a gun show in the area (TOMORROW!!!); attend and hand out the three-fold national flyer and LaCrosse flyer.

Post flyers at all the stores in the area.   

:sos:

REMEMBER, THERE IS A POTENTIAL TO EARN THAT NEW WINTERSEED RIFLEMAN PATCH IF THE WEATHER COOPERATES.  SEEMS THERE IS QUITE A BIT OF INTEREST IN OBTAINING THAT PATCH ..:...
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/winterseed.html

LaCrosse is a beautiful range, with a cozy clubhouse and a supportive membership.  Let's honor and remember April 19, 1775 with a full line. 

@@)  Spread the word.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

mpthole

I shot the June Appleseed at La Crosse, but won't be able to make this one.   Well... maybe Sunday, but that's a big maybe.

Just wanted to let you know I sent out an announcement to my e-mail list for Midwest Marksman.  Hopefully some more folks will sign up.

QuoteAre you a good shot with a rifle?  Want to get better?  This weekend the La Crosse Rifle Club is hosting a  "Winterseed", Appleseed event.

Midwest Marksman, Inc has no affiliation with this event other than it is a great opportunity to hone your rifle marksmanship skills.

The instruction you'll receive is top notch!

I've be to one myself as a student and would do it again if I wasn't busying teaching another class.

Please click the link above for more information and how to register.

---

There are some new and exciting things happening here at Midwest Marksman, so stay tuned!  I'll have more information soon!

Best,
Mark

Cooper

Thanks, Mark!! 
I'll miss you if you don't make it this time...
Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

sparks1

Quote from: fepowered on November 26, 2010, 11:03:20 PM
What is the score penalty for using optics at 600? 

.....edit...

I think I found it in the other thread.  It listed 10 point penalty for a "Match" rifle defined as any rifle with optics, match trigger, match barrel or match ammo....   

Huh ? Now there is a penalty for shooting what you bring?
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

fepowered

Quote from: sparks1 on December 01, 2010, 06:28:37 PM
Huh ? Now there is a penalty for shooting what you bring?
I am curious how this has actually been implemented and if a penalty has ever been assessed thus far....  I found these 2 posts later in the thread......

Quote from: colycat on August 24, 2010, 09:16:57 PM
Rifleman at known distance, per RWVA.
.....Rifleman score is 200.  
No penalties for what you bring to shoot.  You should be able to it with a standard military rifle.  But you run with what you brung.  BTW the come ups for 22 cal are about 62 minutes @ 400 yrds.  Good luck
Quote from: JoeZ on August 24, 2010, 09:32:21 PM
OK folks, by ball I mean typical moa accuracy of military ball ammo.
The point is to equalize out those using uber-accurate set-ups so as to not trigger an equipment race. One of the founding principles of the Appleseed program was that we all can do this with rack grade rifles and ball ammo. Let's keep this cheap and keep our rifles as reliable as we can. For example....if your rifle and cheap reloads are a 2 moa combination that's fine, no penalty. If your sorting brass and bullets and tweaking your trigger with a quarter ounce pull....maybe you need to go somewhere else. Let's not be too literal with the "rules". They are guidelines really :)

fepowered

I am working hard on making it Sunday..  I work all night Friday and I have to be way up north Saturday afternoon.  Does anyone know if Cabelas has heavy(62-69gr) .223 rounds in stock?  All I can find is 55gr and lighter around here and I don't know if that will cut it at 600 especially if there is wind.  I have never tried it with anything lighter than 62 gr. FMJ  and I had to dial in alot of windage with any little change.   I may have to borrow a .308 AR instead.

M.R.C.

Just signed up!  O0

Looking to re-visit and brush up on my rifleman skills and maybe shoot the KD if there is room for me.

George63

the penalty is not for the appleseed qual but a WI distance rifleman standard that also allows points added from 500 and 600 yd prone making a 230 viable even with 20 pts off for match rifle/ammo -- do not think the score has ever yet been determined for any one with the full formula/penalty/ additions -  maybe JoeZ has figured it this way for himself

Mogget

Looks like the National Weather Service has posted a Winter Storm Warning for Friday PM through Saturday.  Five to nine inches of the White Stuff are expected per their message. 

So.... Might turn out to be a WinterSeed...   ;)

See you there,

Mogs

dragonfly

Sounds like a good time  :cool2: I'm packing my snow shoes  ;) .
Better pack snow shovels  ^:)^

D-fly 

Quote from: Mogget on December 02, 2010, 09:04:30 AM
Looks like the National Weather Service has posted a Winter Storm Warning for Friday PM through Saturday.  Five to nine inches of the White Stuff are expected per their message. 

See you there,

Mogs
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

George63

5-9 inches - isn't that considered to be a "dusting" behind the cheddar curtain - it is called snow when over a foot

sparks1

Quote from: George63 on December 02, 2010, 02:37:43 AM
the penalty is not for the appleseed qual but a WI distance rifleman standard that also allows points added from 500 and 600 yd prone making a 230 viable even with 20 pts off for match rifle/ammo -- do not think the score has ever yet been determined for any one with the full formula/penalty/ additions -  maybe JoeZ has figured it this way for himself

Yeah I see that now.  It's their shoot...it's their rules. Fine by me.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

M.R.C.

Quote from: Mogget on December 02, 2010, 09:04:30 AM

I am excited beyond words! The only thing I love more than shooting a rifle is shooting a rifle while laying in the snow!!!!!!   ++)  ^:)^ ^:)^

Patriot Gal

Sorry to say Castle Mountain and I will not be there this weekend. 

You all be careful in your driving and hope you have a GREAT WINTERSEED!!!

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

fepowered

It looks like I will have to make it next time.  I didn't finally get to bed until after midnight.  Too many things going on at once.  I wasn't able to get more than a nap today after working all night last night and driving both ways in the dark 4 hours each way on 3 hours of sleep  probably isn't a good idea...