News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report Manheim, PA Nov 20, 21 2010

Started by tatical308, November 23, 2010, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatical308

Another GREAT shoot at Manheim. A total of 17 shooters during the weekend and a couple visitors that say they will return next shoot!

Clarke kept knocking at the door until he finally made a 216 score for Rifleman.

Josh even thou he is young, tried all the positions and improved his shooting.

Maria tried a new rifle but opted for a loaner with a scope, I can see a Rifleman patch in her future also.

Everyone had a good time and came with their teachable attitude.

My advice is for all to practice, practice, practice!! Dry fire, six steps to firing the shot, and steady hold factors.

Thanks to all my Instructors and to Chainsaw for his guidance in my Shoot Boss in Training.

Greg
Aim small, miss small!

ClarkeF

Had a blast with the family this past weekend Greg. We are all looking forward to another Appleseed soon ( for Beth when it is warmer - no Winterseeds for her). We have some photos, I'll pull them off the camera and upload them this week!

It was great to see how all of us improved - Josh was surprised to see the improvement when I pulled out his end of day 1 redcoat and showed him the difference between day 2. Beth has been looking for a place to dry-fire and I have a pile-o-guns to clean...

Looking forward to the next one.

Clarke

tatical308

Here are pics....
Aim small, miss small!

tatical308

More..
Aim small, miss small!

tatical308

More...
Aim small, miss small!

ClarkeF

And our pictures.

ClarkeF

and more

ClarkeF

and more yet

rlewis

Congratulations on your rifleman's score Clark  O0 I had a great time at this shoot with everyone and I also got to dial in my new toy  :---

ClarkeF

Thanks! If it wasn't for as Tom put it "my problem with basic math" - twice - I missed it by 1 shot because I dropped 6 into 1 target and 3 into the other (ran out of time for the 10th shot). Next try I put six and four - again during sitting. What amazes me is that I made it during the rapid fire exercise and not the slower pace of sequential - but it did focus me on getting a good rhythm.

In looking over my groups, I clearly need to come back in December and continue to work on it. Maybe 1 day, possibly both.

Thanks to everyone that helped me get there - the instructors were fantastic and that I got my badge is a reflection on them.

Cheers,

Clarke

Big H

I could only instruct on Saturday, but I saw great improvement in marksmanship and learning of heritage. It was a pleasure to be with you all. Congratulations.

Chainsaw

Another great shoot in Manheim.   I can't believe there's only one more shoot to go to close out our first full year at the Elstonville Sportsmans Assoc.

Well done Clarke!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo