News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Como, MS Nov 13-14 2010

Started by dart67eb, November 15, 2010, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Let me say, what a band of determined Appleseeders!  Saturday morning started with rain and it pretty much rained all day.  After putting up all of the ez-ups available, and understanding we were going to get wet no matter what, we got down to business!  We ranged from some first timers who never really shot a rifle to some experienced folks who are on their second AS and we all learned something.  Doc Porter brought his Venture crew and they were all making good progress.  Mo came with his grandson and was a big help again.  He's got an orange hat in his future along with a few other people.  Terry, who shot Rifleman last time was back and was a big help with a loaner rifle.  Lots of other interesting and motivated folks.  Ross Ose, the club president stopped by talked about how he was glad to have us and hoped we had fun.  Dond did a great intro and first strike as usual, his wife Sarah nailed down the admin work and Gunner09 was there on the line assisting the shooters as well.  Gunner 09 is a Saturday only IIT until school's out due to his homework load this year, but I appreciate having him.  We got in a half an AQT before, daylight and the need to store equipment made us break for the day.   BTW, the club had gravel laid down so nobody got stuck this time!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dart67eb

Sunday opened chilly but things dried out and you couldn't have asked for a nicer day.  banzi joined us as a new IIT and called the line well.  Pete came down with me but left early due to not feeling well.  He helped out with the sitting SHF and even corrected me on the legs.   He'll make a good IIT when he turns 12.  Just braggin', I know.   Anyway, we had some really good improvements on the scores but alas, no one was able to take home the winterseed rifleman patch.  180's, 190's 2 oh somethings.  Real close.  We closed with the star target and it showed that most everybody needed some NPOA work.  Practice SHF's, the six steps and dryfiring and you'll get there!   See you all in Dec!

dart67eb

Pics from Sunday.  I'll post the Saturday pics once I figure out how to get them out of my Crackberry.

Patriot Gal

Looks like you had a great Appleseed weekend!  Nice pics!

Absolutely great to see new IITs calling the line!!!  ..:..

Thanks for all you ALL do for Appleseed!
O0

Patriot Gal
   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

dart67eb

Thanks, PG, but it 'ain't about me'!  I just do my little part.

banzi

I had to work Saturday so I missed the "real" training weather. Sunday dawned a beautiful Autumn day with about a 5 mph wind blowing directly into our faces.

We had a good showing of mostly new shooters who were still trying to contort themselves into proper shooting positions. The morning began with some fundamentals and the second strike and some adjustments on form and position. dond talked about the third strike at lunch time and we began the "AQT" grind right after. With a little prodding and encouragemet the scores went up and we had a few within striking distance of a rifleman's score but alas, none made it.

We look forward to this group returning next month and earning their patches.

One prominent problem I see is that many first time Appleseeders are not familiar with their own rifles and equipment. This lack of familiarity leads to misstep's when reloading and failures to get the last couple of shots off. Certainly not the sole cause of low scores but certainly a contributing factor which will have to be overcome with practice.

All in all I had a great time out in the fresh air with a good group of people.

Thanks to all who came out for letting me share your day.

dart67eb

Well, here are the Saturday pics.  What a difference in the weather.  

dond

The posts above describe the event very well. We are especially glad banzi could join us Sunday. He did a terrific job as RSO and LB and we are looking forward to his participation in the future. I fully expect some Rifleman next month. And it's always a pleasure to travel to Mississippi and work with the friendly people down there.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Johnnyappleseed

Yes Dond ------------ Mississippi is always fun ---Hi to all the great folks there  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

JA, you sound like somebody I have to meet.  Two of my kids were born in Hayward.

Determined451

Haywad ,New Jersey...............D-451
The Second Ammendment--America's Original Homeland Security

dart67eb